Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sarah-p1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Sarah-p1

Sarah-p1 PetForums Member

Hi all,

I have posted before about Jasper anal gland, well we have been using pro fibre for about 4 months now and it was doing the trick! Monday evening he was his usual self asleep on the sofa all 4 paws in the air and he shot up all of a sudden began pawing at his ear and generally looking uncomfortable, I checked his ears and all looked fine, he then spent the rest of the night into the early hours of the morning stuck to me like glue occasionally looking around like something had spooked him, running off and then returning.

I took him to the vets Tuesday they checked his ears and couldn’t find anything, also checked his anal gland said there was some stuff in there but nothing major, I explained what happened the evening before so the vet gave me some ear drops as something was obviously bothering him. They also gave him his booster jabs while we were there.

He is better in himself but is still doing the occasional stopping and running off like something is frightening him similar to how he used to behave when his anal gland was full, obviously it was a emptied Tuesday so surely can’t be full again already?

Anybody any ideas or experienced anything like this.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

If he pawed his ear and they were clear, could it be a tooth that’s bothering him?

JoanneF likes this.
  3. Sarah-p1

Sarah-p1 PetForums Member

Thanks for the reply, I believe the vet checked his teeth, he had his annual booster and checkup and the same time, it’s really difficult at the moment to discuss things with not being allowed in the Vet practice.

It’s strange because he is playing one minute then acting odd the next! I think I will monitor him over the weekend then book him in Monday

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice