Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stopping cat using garden as toilet

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CaoimheO, Oct 30, 2012.

1. CaoimheO

CaoimheO PetForums Newbie

For the last few months a cat has been using my front garden as a toilet, and every time I mow the lawn I have to check it first for any deposits.

A few weeks ago I put down a bark border around the garden and it's suddenly got a lot worse - there is poo everywhere. I'm certain it's not my cat as she doesn't go out the front, rarely goes out during the week and she certainly hasn't been using her litter tray any less.

I tried defenders cat repellant gel, but didn't realise how much it would smell of garlic - it stank the street out, so I didn't want to keep applying it like it advised. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to discourage the cat from using my borders as a giant litter tray? I don't want to spend money on things that don't work, but after finally finishing doing my garden up, I hate that it's being ruined so quickly.

2. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

#2 Cookieandme, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. catgeoffrey

catgeoffrey PetForums VIP

My Dad has a sonic thing to stop the neighbours cat using his veg plot as a toilet and they work brilliantly.

4. CaoimheO

CaoimheO PetForums Newbie

Thanks, I'll give that sonic repeller a go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice