Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stopped using their litter tray....

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jemma_79, Jan 20, 2012.

1. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Any ideas to get litter training back from the dead?

Dusty and Willow have stopped using it and making a huge mess of their big hutch. They've been littertrained in hutch for 1.5 yrs. Started getting wee in one different corner of hutch, moved tray accordingly and wherever I move tray to they wee elsewhere! They must think it's a game! They win!

Got annoying and messy now! Any similar experiences or solutions?

Thanks!

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

How many litter trays do they have?

3. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

One large one - a cat litter tray...

We've had smaller triangular ones in the past, but they've used this for over a year...

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Try adding another one, sometimes having an extra tray helps :)

5. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Could do, worried their downstairs would be half toilet... well not quite. Thanks for your reply B3rnie. I don't post much on here anymore 'cos hardly ever anyone replies. It's odd, it's as if there's some big cyber friendship circle of people who chat with each other and not with others like me. I'm obviously not a groupie!

6. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I don't know why but adding an extra tray seems to work, buns are odd sometimes :lol:

I have posts that get minimal replies too, no groupies here just people are busy sometimes so if they can't offer help or add to the thread they won't comment.
    Part of forum life :dita:

7. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Same here, I posted a few weeks ago and didnt get a single reply, reposted it a week or so later and got quite a few, just pot luck, dont think its just you :p And stay here, we need you to keep showing us the beautiful Willow and Dusty :)

*Heidi*

8. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Thanks, I will get another tray tomorrow. It's good to share advice. The litter tray thing has been bugging me!

9. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Aw, thanks. Never thought of re-posting to get advice. Thanks for that. Oh, I should probs post a pic of my buns soon. Love all your buns!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice