Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

stomatitis

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amandax, May 31, 2010.

1. Amandax

Amandax PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm Italian and I'd be grateful if someone with experience in homeopathy remedies could give me some advice to help my 19 years cat, who during the last 3 months has been facing serious problems with her mouth. I'm afraid my English is not good enough to explain precisely what is affecting her...and I admit I don't know exactly what the problem is, sometimes I wonder if Vets know.... My cat has always been healthy but 3 months ago she had one abscess on her cheek for which I gave her antibiotic and cortison. She became better but after some days she started having problems with eating...the vet told me she has stomatitis and because of her age he decided only to make depo medrol + antibiotic injection supposed to cover for a few months...but after 2 weeks the problem was there again...From blood examen he found her kidneys were ok and we decided to remove all her teeth. After 2 weeks the problems the eating problems appeared again...another injection...Then she had other surgery operation to remove some fragments under her gums and she has started metacam therapy, without success...so we went back to depo medrol+convenia...
    During the last 2 weeks I've also topically treated her with a product named skin energy made of croton lechlery as some vets say they're experiencing good results because it makes a sort of protective film and also helps the skin but I have now stopped as she doesn't seem to get any better and she hates it as it's bitter and probably the syringe hurts her inflammed cheeks when I put it into her mouth to spray the product..
    The gums aren't too inflammed and start to cicatrize but the cheek epithelium and the back side, close to the throat is red and hurts her when the cortison stops its effects. She has never lost her appetite but when she gets worse she takes the food and she leaves it right away or she tries to regurgitate as it hurt too much she can't swallow...
    If anybody has been experiencing any similar problem I would be glad to receive some advice...
    Many thanks for your help

2. Amandax

Amandax PetForums Newbie

NOBODY FACING THE SAME CAT DESEASE?:confused1:

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I am sorry i cannot help but if i were you i would go to another vet and get a second opinion. It cannot be very nice for your poor cat to be in so much discomfort.
    Hope she will get better soon.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

5. Juli Anne

Juli Anne PetForums Newbie

Oh sweet lord, this is exactly how my beloved Jack died. Convenia pushed him over the edge. He was given Convenia for stomatitis and two months later, a huge wound (from Convenia) and many hospitalizations, shots, IVs, etc...he was dead.

I won't repeat what I wrote, just the warning here:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-heal...in-acne-suggested-treatments.html#post1837146

Please think twice before using Convenia, and if your cat has any kind of immune system suppression, stomatitis, etc...RUN FROM CONVENIA.

It is only approved for skin conditions, and vets are completely misusing it.

I'm so sorry about your cat. ANd your last post....written the day Jack died. :(

FROM CONVENIA.

6. Amandax

Amandax PetForums Newbie

Many thanks for your advise, My cat has been euthanized on August 23rd...
    During the last 2 months I had stopped using convenia, I have given Stomorgyl instead...Anyway nothing seemed to give any improvement...probably she was too old and finally too suppressed to respond to any medical treatment...
    Kind regards

7. Juli Anne

Juli Anne PetForums Newbie

Oh, no. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice