Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

STOLEN Springer 2nd November

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Dogs' started by pici2, Nov 9, 2010.

1. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

On the 2nd November, a week ago today, someone broke into my house and took my beautiful and well loved dog. I am devastated and grateful if everybody looks out for him, please. He is un-neutered and very friendly.

Attached Files:

2. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Oh im so sorry you must be distraught.. What area was he taken from?

3. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

He was stolen from my house in St Mary Cray, near Orpington and Bromley. He is a "complete" male and I was told they might use him for breeding- hidden away somewhere in a back yard. I am sooo worried as he is used to two to three hours walk (dog walker takes him out twice and I take him morning an evening when I get back from work) That is why he is so fir and slim. I miss him so much that I could not go to work today. He is my comfort and joy as I am alone now with no family nearby. Police, various web sites, loads of volunteers and friends are looking for him. I have posted hundreds of leaflets everywhere and i am writing to various web sites where dogs are sold and also to people advertising that they are looking for a springer. Any advice is welcome. Thanks for your interest. Magda

4. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Oh no, this is horrible ! hopefully he will be found soon ! fingers crossed! I'll say a prayer for him to return to you safely ! :)

5. ali 63

ali 63 PetForums Junior

Im so sorry, Go to alfieslostdogs website its excellent for reuniting dogs theres people all around the country looking out for them . they will do posters & contact papers & radio stations for you, all missing & found dogs are on there, Good luck hope you find him soon, if someone can put alfies link up for her please as im not computor literate yet

ali

6. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

7. costelloe

costelloe PetForums Newbie

Do you have any photographs? I'm a website manager and could try post him on various sites for you, I couldn't imagine anything worse, and yet I'm 100% positive he's fine, so you just need to find him.

Is he chipped? Have you got a photo? Any distinguishing marks? Any info you can give, no matter how tiny and insignificant is better.

What's his name, maybe he will respond if people see a dog like him and they could try call his name?

Does he have any specific traits/tricks that would make him stand out, e.g if you say to my dog "lie down" he knows the play dead trick is far more impressive and so he does the trick wrong now and lays on his back instead on his front, anything like that could help people seeing a general everyday springer notice that it's yours. Something like that would make him stand out?

Also, as old fashioned as it seems, stick as many posters up of him as you can. The type of people that reply to those posters are busy-bodies. Busy bodies are much more likey to see him because they'll do all the snooping for you... and put up a £500 reward on the posters.

You won't have to pay it. If you get the dog back, call the police and don't pay the reward, because the people who bring him back will be the low lives that stole him, and if someone honest brings him back, then explain why you said £500 and give them £50, unless you're super rich!! But that;s more of a trick for the theives than the honest people,

Hope some of that helps,

x

8. angelblue

angelblue PetForums Senior

so sorry about your dog hope you find him soon x

9. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion- I already contacted Alfie's, doglost, and other web sites for lost dogs, in addition to all dog wardens in Kent and Sussex and am checking every advert of springers for sale every day. No sleep for me these days.
    Thanks a lot for your support everybody! Dog owners are special people. I met my best friends walking my dog.

10. kirstyS

kirstyS PetForums Member

I live in Sevenoaks and belong to a local gundog club - I will tell everyone to keep an eye out for him! Hope you find him soon xx

11. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

Thanks Kirsty- I am grateful. I have put loads of pictures on the Pet Photo page for people to look at. His name is Biscuit and I think he is the most beautiful dog in the world. Don't we all think that of our dogs...
    I am sending his picture to all vets within 25 mile radius. That includes Pennards in Sevenoaks- where used to take my previous dog when I lived there.
    xxx Magda

12. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

Some pictures to recognise Biscuit if you see him. PLEASE, help - it was two weeks ago onTuesday....

Attached Files:

13. claire & the gang

claire & the gang PetForums Senior

I can`t offer any help but i am thinking of you & keeping everything crossed you get him back safe. I would be absolutely distraught if this happened to me.

Good luck with the hunt & hopefully someone will get some news for you soon

14. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Omg how terrible :eek::scared::frown:

Any news ?

15. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

No news yet and I had a bad day today. Some days are worse than others. I could not stop crying. Thanks for the encouraging words. Bromley Times will run the story to help me find Biscuit and to highlight the problem of the many stolen dogs. I have written to all local papers and i have put in adverts wherever I can. This morning I went to a shopping centre before work and put posters on cars and handed them to people to put on their cars. Not only do I want my dog back as I miss him, but I think people should not get away with stealing animals. They are not things!

16. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear about what has happened, could you contact your local radio station and ask them if you can appeal on there, if they will allow you on , you could ask everyone listerning if their neighbours have recently got a dog matching yours,
    Good luck hope hes home very soon

17. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Oh I was so hoping that I was going to see good news when I saw an update, have got everything crossed for a swift and safe return!!!
    Hope the [email protected] who took him get what they deserve x

18. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Oh no.:(

do keep us updated xxx

19. bbear690

bbear690 PetForums Member

Any news?? :(

20. pici2

pici2 PetForums Junior

NO- unfortunately, after advertising on all possible sites, distributing 100 flyers and posters, calling kennels, vets (who have pictures) and talking to police daily- no news at all. It will be four weeks on Tuesday and I am finding it very hard to cope with. He had an ear problem which needs attention and if they don't take him to the vet it will be painful and eventually kill him...

THANKS, for your interest and if you can think of anything I have not done, please let me know. Bromley Times will run an article on Biscuit and dog napping in general. I am campaigning and hope someone will have pity or want the reward...

M

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice