Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stolen/missing cat, Dartford area

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Cats' started by Scrufox86, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Scrufox86

Scrufox86 PetForums Newbie

Hi. One of my grandparents cats went missing on the 29th May. I believe him to be stolen. They live in Dartford. He is a Maine Coon cross and very friendly. 11 years old. He was seen outside my grandparents home the morning of the 29th while they were getting in a taxi to get thier new puppy vaccinated. His brother misses him. I remember reading about the purmuda (sp?) triangle and did think maybe it is possible but none of my grandparents neighbours have reported any missing cats. I do not have any pictures to upload onto here but shall try to get a few from my grandparents. My grandparents phoned the local vets, rspca,cats protection and the local council and left descriptions but there has been no news from them or any trace of him at all. Does anyone know if there have been many other missing/stolen cats in Dartford?

2. flowergirl

flowergirl PetForums Newbie

There is a cat that looks very like a Maine Coon (wikapedias picture) been wandering around our area of Dartford for a couple of days, neighbours and I have been feeding it so seems to be staying. Please email me if your cat is still lost.

Regards

Daisy

3. Scrufox86

Hi i don't have a picture i can upload onto here but i am not sure the cat you saw is my grandparents cat. He is still missing and i am still hoping he will return or be found. I suspect someone just decided to feed him and then managed to get him in thier house and now he doesn't want to leave.

He has white front paws that look like "shoes" and one of his back feet is the same. However the other back foot has a bigger white patch that looks like a boot. He is almost all tabby with small white areas. He also has white under his chin and underneath. He was last seen with a silver flea collar and i think either a red or black collar as well. I hope this helps with the description. His brother who is a ginger tabby colour looks more like the maine coon with fluffy fur.

Is the cat you are feeding wearing a collar?

4. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Did they contact battersea dogs and cats home in brands hatch?

5. Paws Dawson

Paws Dawson PetForums Junior

Have they contacted the dartford dog warden he also takes in cats?
    And is he microchipped?

6. iris gardiner

iris gardiner PetForums Newbie

I too have lost a cat in dartford and there have not been any sightings of him at all he looks like a main coon but is just a moggy seems to be a lot of cats going missing in that area

7. SammieLou

SammieLou PetForums Newbie

Hi, I could well have found your cat. Please call me on 020 7642 3141. I live in Blackheath. Sam.

8. iris gardiner

thankyou for your post about my cat i dont have a picture of him but he is blackish brown very fluffy was wearing a collar when he went missing but obviously it isn't to say he still has it he looks initially black but does have a lot of browny colour running through his coat he has been neutered I appreciate very much that you took the bother to put a post on here but it does not sound like my cat once again thankyou for bothering iris gardiner dartford

9. iris gardiner

I live in great queen street dartford and have lost a cat that looks like a maine coon he looks black initially but has some brown running through his coat my contact numbers are 01322632284 home and 07977522763 partners mobile my name is iris and my partner is paul i would be very grateful if you could get back to me as i have the sister cat who is missing him loads as we are thankyou

10. iris gardiner

message again for flower girl where abouts has this cat been seen in dartford i am so desperate to get him back before xmas please emal me on [email protected] many thanks iris gardiner

11. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

Iris, when did you cat go missing? This is an old thread and the message about from flowergirl is dated August 2010.

12. Scrufox86

Hello. Yeah i have given up hope of ever finding Teddy now. It will be three years this May since he disappeared. My grandad has said that quite a few people have had cats mysteriously go missing without a trace.

Has anyone found a Tabby cat with white front paws and one "boot" and "shoe" back feet?

SammieLou who's cat were you referring to, my grandparents or Iris's?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice