Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stolen Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

A friend contacted me yesterday about her sons friend has been beaten up and his girlfriends blue french bulldog bitch was stolen. This is Newcastle upon Tyne area.

All the details I have are that the dog was being walked by the boyfriend of the dogs owner when he was thumped and knocked to the ground by some people wearing balaclavas so only their eyes could be seen and the dog was snatched from him. The family are devastated we are trying to makke this dog too hot to handle in the hope she will either be returned or left somewere were she can be found

Please can anyone who has a face book account share on their pages as she could be anywere now and if anyone has a frenchie and is a member of any french bulldog groups on facebook can you post it there too.

Thhanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm from around there. Do you know exactly whereabouts the dog went missing? Any official links/FB posts? I'll share on FB, but can also keep a lookout, too.

3. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

@Freyja , do you know when the dog went missing? There's an ad on gumtree for a female blue Frenchie which was stolen 4 days ago, but nothing about the circumstances surrounding the theft.

Eta: looks like that one was returned ... assuming the dog Lost page is the same.

#3 LinznMilly, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I've just posted about this on facebook.

Any other info ........ name of dog, age, spayed or not, microchipped?

5. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Banned

That'll be bloody pikeys. We had a spell of exactly the same thing happening around here.

Do everything can, post on http://www.doglost.co.uk/, contact your local dog walkers they are out there all day and know many dogs so may spot it. However I fear the worst knowing why they steal these dogs :( :mad:

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Sorry I don't have any other details I have been trying to get more butmy friend must be out with her dogs. She diid send me this photo I was first made aware of the dog being stolen late on thursday night so I assume that was when she was stolen. this is the photo I was sent on thursday. IMG_6322.JPG

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

As far as I know she is on doglost or I did say to tell them to put it on there and my friend said she would tell them the chip company has been notified

8. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Unfortunately, given that French Bulldogs are becoming so popular and are expensive to buy, it could be anybody who wants to make a few pounds quickly who stole her.

Dog thefts in the North West are up around 30% on what they were last year and most of them Staffies.

I am in the North West but I'll share on FB and tag my Friend who lives in Newcastle.

MiffyMoo and Calvine like this.
  9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We know and both my friend and I have both agreed there is very little chance of them getting her back due to her breed but we are both doing aything we can to help my friend who lives near to Newcastle is making people she sees when out and about aware of the dog but tother than posting on places like here and on faccebook theere is very little else I can do as I am in the Midlands

10. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

LinznMilly likes this.
  12. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Good news I heard late last nightt the bitch has been found

13. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

oh brilliant news is the dog ok

14. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

A far as I know yes she is fine

15. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

oops posted twice

16. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

I find a lot of stolen dogs reappear once the reward is brought into the picture. Just had two round here one for £500 and £600. Both dogs returned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice