Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stolen Dog Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Devilush, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Devilush

Devilush PetForums Junior

SHE HAS BEEN FOUND & RETURNED!! Thank you for everyone's advice!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

On the 22nd my friends dog got out of their garden and was found on the road by someone driving by (they live on a country road with a few spaced out houses). They knocked on one door, was told where the dog lives but they didn't bother taking her, they just picked her up and drove off.

We've been putting up fliers etc to say she's missing. Vets, police, wardens & her microchip company have been contacted.
    Someone contacted my friends this morning to say that they had seen her with someone. He wouldn't give any information but gave them a number for someone else who 'knew' her.
    Well, they've contact them and was told not to get the police involved because of a recent shooting in the area. She lives right down the road in the next town.

Basically, they were going to try and get her to go to the vets to have the dog scanned because she 'felt her neck & couldn't feel anything' so she is assuming she isn't chipped.
    I have a feeling this woman will NOT co-operate at all and wants to keep the dog.
    If we found out her address, is there anything we could do with or without the police?

Sorry if it's long and/or confusing, we're trying to get as much info/help as possible! Thanks in advance!

#1 Devilush, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

You need to get the police involved
    Especially if they are threatening
    Kent police were very helpful in a recent high profile kidnap and ransomming of a dog

3. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I think your best bet will be to contact your co-ordinator at DogLost. They are brilliant in these situations.

You can contact the police for advice, personally I would want them to know the details incase anything happened then at least you have reported something to them.

Im sorry they are having to go thorugh this, it musty be heart-breaking. Im sorry I canno be of more help. I will get my thinking cap on.

4. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Not sure on this one but if they told the police the dog was stolen maybe that would help.

5. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

The police may get involved because some dogs have been stolen and used as bate dogs do hope this is not the case with this dog.

6. Devilush

I did say that they should tell the police, just so that they are up to date but I think they're scared it will make it worse getting her back.

I'll tell them to contact doglost and see what they have to say. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I hope something works out and they get her back.

The woman has never been seen with a dog before so maybe more people will come forward with information.

7. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

8. Devilush

Thank you =)
    I feel so sick and it's not even my dog =( I don't know what i'd do if one of mine went missing. It's scary.

9. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

I know what you mean, and it happens so often and so easily.

10. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Has your friend contacted the local press?

The thing to do when your dog is stolen is to make her so hot that they wont want to keep her anyways. if you think you the person who has her, be extra vigilant on putting up posters around her area, posting them through letter boxes etc.

11. moboyd

moboyd PetForums VIP

I dont understand the recent shooting reference, was the dog owner threatened,? I think if they are threatening then the police SHOULD be advised, especially as shooting was mentioned?

Mo

12. Devilush

Do you think posting posters in the area we know she is will make it worse for getting her back?

We don't understand why the shooting came up. There were two shootings recently and one lead said because of this, if they got the police involved a certain something would hit the fan, so to speak. My friends weren't threatened.

13. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

No it should make her want to get rid of the dog, so you will have to keep a VERY close eye on things like friday ad, pet classifieds for For Sale adverts or Free to a Good Home adverts. And call you local as well as surrounding dog warden every single day.

14. Devilush

!!!! SHE'S BEEN FOUND!!!!
    The STUPID woman who found her took her back and left her in the garden last night. No one was actually at the house last night so she was left there.
    Their neighbour has her right now.

Apparently the woman's other dogs were trying to attack my friends dog so she gave her back. I don't know the full complete story because they're going to get her right now but we're all just so freakin happy!

Thank you SO much everyone for all your help!! I hope anyone else who has lost/had their dog stolen, gets theirs back soon too.
    It's a horrible thing to go through and I hope I never have to personally deal with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice