Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stitch does the school run!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by claire8234, May 9, 2017.

1. claire8234

claire8234 PetForums VIP

Stitch does the school run with me most days. He is always waiting at the same spot for me to come out of school. He has to be in front, always trips you up at least once.

Always jumps onto the wall for a headbutt and then generally up the big tree. Everyone comments on the "cat that thinks he is a dog" so I thought I would try and capture him at it! Havent mastered walking to heal yet :)

He is a bit jumpy today - (road mending going on in the next street).

Before anyone says anything about him being outside there are no roads where we are, just the footpath to school

#1 claire8234, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

Oh, he's lovely. They do some funny things, my boy always wanted to follow me at mid day to work, so I'd often bring him back home. Sometimes I felt obliged to explain to people why I was trying to get him to follow me.

claire8234 likes this.
  3. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Lovely videos.

Reminds me of my old girl that used to come on walks through the fields. She would run ahead and trip me up like Stitch and if she got tired would asked to be carried. She was very dog savvy and would melt away if there was a dog that didn't like cats but walk straight past if she judged the dog would leave her alone. We had many confused and amazed dog walkers and passers by. On one occasion she was walking through a woodland path behind me when we came across a lady and her Westie coming the other way. The poor dog was terrified and wouldn't pass the cat who was confidently sitting on the path. I had to pick her up so the dog could walk past.

We never mastered walking to heel either. :)

claire8234 likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

One of mum's cats would follow us if we weren't careful. If we spotted her starting to follow we had to run and she would change her mind, and wait for us outside the house to get back.

A couple of times we failed to spot her and as we were halfway between home and the shop, we put her on our shoulder and took her with us!

It did become an issue eventually as she started to wander to find us when we went on holiday and it was too much worry for the neighbour who was looking after the cats. So she had to go into a cattery when we went away, for her own good, in the latter years.

claire8234 likes this.
  5. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

That's so lovely, as if your cats is making sure your all safe or even get lost on route home.

My cats come with myself and the dogs for our walk in the mornings! It is amusing.

Lurcherlad and claire8234 like this.
  6. Custard Mite

Custard Mite PetForums Junior

Awww what a lovely video of the gorgoeus Stitch:Cat.....and it also reminded me of our childhood cats walking my sis and I to school when we were kids too - even the paths look the same @claire8234 :) And why do cats always weave around and try and trip you up rather than walk next to you? I've never worked out how they never seem to work out that we only have 2 legs and that they can't operate properly with a cat knotted between them mid-stride!:Hilarious

claire8234 likes this.
  7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Oh bless him, what a sweetie. Nice to be wanted.

claire8234 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice