UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my meat on Wednesday and put it in my big storage bin to defrost it so I could portion it.

well I completely forgot about it and this morning iv opened the lid and it stinks

I bought chicken mince, tripe and chicken/tripe mix.

now I read somewhere that if its smells that you can rinse it and freeze it??? is this OK? is t still OK to give to my dogs???

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your replies.

I will still use it then. but I will rinse it just so it don't stink my freezer out!!!

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Funny you should post this, I have just bagged and binned some carcasses I defrosted and didn't use. When I defrost I find if I lay kitchen roll in the bottom of the container the meat stays fresher for longer but if it's left in the 'juice' is goes off fast.

Was talking to my daughter about the use of smelly meat and mixi rabbits just this morning and as she said you can use it but we don't. Have to say the dogs are VERY interested when the meat is off but apart from when they bury stuff and it's protected by earth I don't give them anything that's smells off, just in case it gives them the runs. Spoiled eh?

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
I think my main concern is Marty and Teebs have suffered from pancreatitis in the past and that's an expensive vet visit as well as dangerous for the dog, so I just don't risk anything. Have to say though, those carcasses didn't half chuck, triple bagged them before binning them, could have thrown them out for the foxes I suppose - will do that in future!

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
I have given willow some very questionable chicken legs that i forgot to cook for my self before.
And have had some ripe daf minces too. Dogs tummys have handled it fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.