Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Still Nothing

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by chris75, Jul 25, 2009.

1. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

:( WE ARE NOW ON DAY 13 MY GIRL HAS STOPPED BLEEDING AND NEITHER ARE INTERSTED AT ALL:confused: WE ARE THINKING THAT WE MUST HAVE MISSED IT, DO YOU THINK THIS TIME ROUND WE SHOULD GIVE UP?
    WE ARE TRYING TO BREED NEWFOUNDLANDS (BOTH HEALTH CHECKED)
    THE STUD HAS HAD 1 PREVIOUS LITTER?
    ANY ADVIVE WOULD BE GREAT:cool:

2. She will still be fertile!
    And I know of at least two bitches (both large breeds strangly enough) that successfully mated much later (one day 17 the other DAY twenty something!!!!) Is you girl showing any interest atall? MAybe she is just not ready!
    Someone with more knowledge will advice soon I am sure!!!
    DT

3. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

the girl is licking the male, jumping on hes back and sticking her back end on him and he is just stitting there:confused:
    dont think he fancies her!!

4. Erm!
    Think I would look for another stud for next time! Is he out of condition?
    regards
    DT

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

is he an experienced stud? mine never showed much interest until the bitch was ready, so maybe she isnt yet

6. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

the stud has done it once before but he is not bothered at all, going look for a new stud for next time.:eek:

7. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

it could still be because she isnt ready:D

8. clueless

clueless Banned

Have you had her blood tested at vets? Also there is a chap who does the midlands area known as the Mate Man. His name is Mick and he seemingly is in great demand as he has a 100% success rate. I do not have his number though someone may have it on here

9. chris75

chris75 PetForums Newbie

what does the mate man do?:confused:

10. Nicci

Nicci Guest

He's apparently very good at getting dogs to tie ;)

I think I have his number somewhere I'll dig it out and PM it to you :)

11. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

.The bleeding normally slow right down at time of ovulation and becomes a straw like colour,prime time to mate is 48 hours after ovulation when eggs have matured so no, i wouldn't have thought you have missed it.Maybe you could get her in for a blood test this morning,wouldn't leave it til monday.Good luck

12. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

He may be a little shy :blushing:
    We put our bitch and stud in the garden and watched them but no joy at all, lots of flirting from our girl but nothing was happening. As soon as we brought them into the kitchen and left them for a few mins it was all going on and a 10 min tie. (we also took our other dog away from the situation altogether as he was whining in another room and may have been putting them off)

This was first time for both dog and bitch and both belong to us but we still had to give them space and a little bit of privacy ;)

13. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

what you just let them get on with it ???:eek:

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Why not? Is it because of the possibility of a fight, or not knowing if there was a slip mating or a tie?

I know nothing about the mating process btw :)

15. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

INTERNAL INJURY

16. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

In what way (of course i realise its damage to the vagina)? How does a person being there prevent that?

17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

omg!!! i so agree never leave a male and female just to get on with it thats the BIGEST NO EVER :eek: :eek:

Nonnie the males penis swells and and locks into the vagina..The females Vagina musles contract and tighten...Keeping the penis in!!

If she was to pull away or if he was to OMG!!!! thats not worth thinking about!!! OUCH!!!!

We have alway held our dogs back to back..It also carms them down as some do get confused and panick trying to pull away!!!

18. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ahh, so its the tie, rather than the "thrusting" that is the potential problem?

I wonder if wild animals have the same problems, or whether or not its just domestic pets that have issues.

19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Yes its the actual tie that could cause the damage!!

Wild animals may have the same prolems who knows...
    But thats just it there wild..And havent been domesticated.so just follow their natural instincts

20. nat1979

nat1979 PetForums VIP

I would never leave my bitch and the stud dog to get on with it sometimes we stay away and watch in another room but keep a eye on them and as soon as they tie we are there to hold both dogs untill the tie has finished

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice