I have 2 cats. A couple of months ago one came back with one front leg all stuck up with a sticky substance- she had damaged her tongue overnight licking whatever it was. I took her to the vet and she was sedated and cleaned up and tested for toxic poisoning. She was fine the next day. However my other cat has turned up with EXACTLY the same problem this morning- I have tried to remove it with olive oil, followed bu fairy liquid and then a bath. She is very stressed and I think her mouth is also sore from all the licking. I have given her a dose of the painkiller the vet prescribed last time and I will obviously keep a close watch on her BUT Does anyone know what it is? I am certain it is nothing in my house or garden.