Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sticky buds!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by srhdufe, Aug 16, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Does your dog get covered in them?
    Oscar seems to attract them..
    I took him for a walk tonight and he ended up with 9 on him :rolleyes:

2. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

lol inca gets them bad its like having a black do with green specles. she gets ntem mostly on her face but on her legs and taile aswell.

3. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

is that all lol kya can get have double figures on her and i have to sit and pick them off

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ahhh, the joy of having very short coated dogs :D

5. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

He gets them everywhere!...
    He will stand still and let me pick them off him but he doesnt like it when they get on his face..
    I really wish the council would cut the grass on the field as its waaaayyyy to overgrown... It's 5ft tall in places :cursing:

6. Colsy

Colsy Banned

My Father In law took Freya my Poodle Cross out for a walk last week,as i was poorly with Pig Flu.
    She came back looking like the jolly green giant.
    It took an hour to get then out and they were even in her beard.

7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Ah they're terrible...lol. But just you wait til the Autumn when the Burdock burrs start magnetising themselves to dogs... they are the worst as they break up and cam form huge clumps!

BTW... I've always known the plant the little green ones come from as Cleavers or Goosegrass. I now nickname it Gorilla Grass... did you ever watch The Long Way Down with whatsisname McEuan from Trainspotting... well he and his mate Charlie went to a gorilla reserve in Rwanda and I tell no lie, the gorillas favourite food was the very same stuff, they were amazed and so was I.

8. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

BAH! A topic close to my heart after it caused HUGE trouble with Mabel.

I won't bore with details but if you come back from a walk and you find these on your dog, check their ears! We even have a little flashlight for that purpose alone now.

After having a 3inch fleecy coat, after her trip to the groomers yesterday she now has a half inch coat all over except for her head. Hopefully it will make things easier as far as those fuzzy balls go.

9. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

thore and barney get them it takes ages getting them out

10. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

I'm afraid it doesn't make much difference if Millie is anything to go by! Everytime she disappears into the bushes she comes out green :D She seems to know where all the sticky seeds are! We had her hair cut hoping it would help, it makes them easier to find but she still gets them stuck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice