Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

stick insects

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wormnut2006, Dec 16, 2011.

1. wormnut2006

wormnut2006 PetForums Newbie

hi i am new to this an have proberly done it wrong lol :confused:
    i have been given 300 stick insect eggs and are unsure how to look after them or best thing for them i used to have some when i was young but my mum looked after them lol i havent seen or heard of them for over 20 years untill a friend gave me these eggs please can people leave me hints an tips it would be much appreactated meny thanks p.s i have looked up a limited bit of information but am still very confused lol

#1 wormnut2006, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. swatton42

swatton42 PetForums Senior

Sorry but I know very little about stick insects. There's a forum section about reptiles etc... Alot of people have talked about stick insects in that section so maybe you could take a look and they'll point you the right direction?

3. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

I had stick insects for about 5 years. I started off with 6 and and had thousands of them from them. They're very easy to look after. With the eggs they dont need any special treatment but you could put them in a warm place. When they've hatched put lots of privit or bramble branches in so they have somewhere to climb and sit and of course sit. I used a spray bottle that has a very delicate, fine spray to spray the leaves everyday so that they have water. Congratulations on your new babies!

4. Mr James Lee

Mr James Lee PetForums Newbie

300 eggs, that's about the amount I got from my adults (about 6). I am now on the third generation with over a hundred nymphs, (help). I need a predator of some kind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice