Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sterotypes gone wrong!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JSR, Jun 3, 2010.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Here's one for all those who think Chav's and dangerous dogs go hand in hand.

Just driving into work this morning and see a smartly dressed older gentleman walking his Chocolate Lab, coming up on the same side of the road is a Burberry outfitted young lad with fag in mouth on his mobile and a very very large Rottie trotting alongside to heel....

Chocolate lab LEAPS forward barking, snarling, spitting his owner nearly on the ground trying to hold back the dog...Rottie looks once, looks up at his owner and trots on totally ignoring the idiot Lab. :lol: Couldn't stop laughing at the wonderful scene...wish those who think all guarding dogs are dangerous could have seen it. :thumbup:

2. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

that would of been a great blame the deed not the breed vid.... lol

3. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

ha ha, yeah it would wouldnt it?! :thumbup:

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Wonderful. I agree would be a great deed not breed video

5. cazzajack

cazzajack PetForums Member

Great :thumbup:

6. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

That does sound hilarious.

I must admit I have come across a fair few aggressive labs...more so than the typical stereotyped aggressive breeds.

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Bet you couldn't help but smile. :D

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

We walked past a couple of 'chavs' yesterday they had a huge staffy type dog off its lead so we clipped our two on their leads and cautiously walked past. His dog sat at his owners feet and our two monsters tried to drag us off our feet to get to play with the new friend :eek:, you should have seen the look the 'chav' gave us it was so embarrasing:eek: Why does he always pick highly populated places to act like a nutter:mad:.

9. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Oh even better last night, I'd let Cromwell (ancient wonky old boy who can hardly walk faster than a snail!!) out the van then noticed a lady walking down from the fields so I waited to let the rest of the rabble out. Anyway lady without me seeing grabbed Cromwell's collar because she was worried he was going to go through the gate without me (not that I'm bothered but she thought it was the right thing to do)....I noticed and shout LET GO just as he turns and trys to bite her!!!!!!!:scared: He's been seriously abused in his younger life and will not tolerate anyone but me touching his collar!! She was lovely about it and said she was silly to have grabbed a dog she didn't know but he looked so old and frail she wanted to help him!!!! I was so embarrassed and couldn't apologise enough!!! You can bet old codger will NOT be allowed to potter off alone again!!!:lol:

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

its brilliant :thumbup:

i had it when i was out walking max my dobermann (im not a chav but look v. young and had 3 young kids with me in my scruffy dog walking clothes) and a smart dressed man had a lab that went for max :eek:

the best of it was he still tried to blame me and max :mad:

11. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

There is a little old lady that lives over the road from us and she has a rottie. It is a lovely sight to see her doddering along with her huge boy. He just trots on gently by her side. :thumbup:

12. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Hahahaha I get the filthy looks as I'm youngish looking, dres like a heavy metal freak & got 5 kids & big dogs:D the mums all look down their noses at me at the school gates, funnily enough they all have labradors, collies & Shih-Tzu type dogs & they are all unruly & you never see them being walked except for the 5 minute school run:rolleyes:

13. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

is this old lady who she has an akita girl (about 9 ) if I remember correct . The lady cant walk and she is in the buggy . Her girl walks off the lead next to her buggy never ever to far away from her mum. She is such a sweet girl. everyone gets well with her . The look of them is great.

14. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It really isn't funny JSR !!!! :scared:

There is a HUGE rottie called Shadow who is walked often in our local park and Oscar "cocky watsits" decided the other day he didn't much like the way Shadow had approached him (Shadow was off lead and Oscar was on at the time) so my "fluffy wuffy" spaniel launches himself at the HUGE Rottie all woof and teenage testosterone (pre neuter) so there i am having to stand myself between the 2 dogs nothing protecting me but my Hunters praying this Rottie keeps his calm at this stupid spaniel :scared: Was a twitchy bum moment i can tell you, very thankful Shadow is such a laid back dog :lol:

15. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I get that too :D I'm on the inside of the gates though - I'm the teacher.:lol:

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I see this all the time in my area :thumbup: You get the odd few chavs with dangerous dogs (lke the rottie who tried to attack Sky) but for the most part they're wonderful. There's one man in my area with a staffie who he's had for years and the dog is so well behaved. I don't advocate walking your dog offlead close to the road but he is amazing. He ignores everything and everyone and is always carrying a branch or a brick in his mouth :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice