UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the vet wouldn't sell me the anti mite lotion without seeing her, maybe they think I'm going to inject it into myself or something??

Now I'm wondering should I book an appointment and take her to the vet, or should I get on the bus to pets at home (bearing in mind I don't think it is mites but I could be wrong) :confused:

She's definitely getting balder :(

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I say make an appointment, from what I heard it isn't too expensive to have a hamster checked and to get medicine for them.

Did you rule out cushings? It's a good possibility that it's age too, but she's still quite young, but some have premature hair loss. I say take her to a vet, it will save you worrying all this time :)

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I will take her and see what they say. I managed to get a better picture of her bald patch:

As far as I know she is less than a year old so I wouldn't have thought that it was down to age but maybe its related to the stroke she had in December? :(

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
There is so many things it could be...might be worth taking her to the vet...if only for peace of mind!! xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.