Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Starting my over 40's MOT tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by haeveymolly, Apr 12, 2011.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

should be good, nothing to eat after 9oclock tonight, blood test in the morning then back to docs for the full mot test next week, should be good, wonder if ile pass, bet i get plenty of advisories.:rolleyes:

2. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

OMG that sounds depressing :( (Only because I am 40 in September :cryin: )

Mind you I did have a medical a couple of weeks ago and the GP was amazed at my BP, resting pulse and my cholesterol, said they were all really good.

Hope it goes well.

3. haeveymolly

Oh thats good, hope i do as well, ive had the letter ages but thought if they think its nessesary to do these things then i ought to go.

Dont worry life begins at 40 you know:rolleyes: dont know who dreamed that one up but you never know.
    Ime 50 next year and still waiting.

4. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

is it routine to have a test at 40? what do they test you for?

i'd better start my healthy plan!:eek:

5. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, start worrying when the Dr starts asking you if you feel ok especially if he's doing your BP at the time, and no his scales aren't wrong, they're checked regularly, when I had my MOT done my doctor told me I was in splendid condition for a man of 60...........I was 40 at the time! (few years ago!). wayne.

6. haeveymolly

Yes its something they brought in round about last year, the blood test i will have tomorrow is for colesterol, then i will go back next week for the results and they will weigh me take my height and blood pressure and ask about lifestyle etc. Its a fairly new thing because i only got my letter to the end of last year and ime way past 40:rolleyes:

7. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

i expect cameron will abandon this sooner or later....along with everything else!:nono: ggggrrrr!:mad:

8. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Good luck with your MOT. As long as the doctor doesn't say you need any welding you should be ok :)

Seriously - I hope it all goes well. I think it's good to have these checks, puts your mind at rest. :smile:

9. haeveymolly

Its the pipe they put up the exhaust ime worried about, well at least ile know what my ommissions is like:D:D:D

Yes they are a good idea its just took me agaes to get on and make an appointment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice