Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Starting as a Dog Walker - Need vehicle advice!

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Jri, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Jri

Jri PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I'm putting serious thoughts into starting up as a dog walker, but have hit a stumbling block:

I need a vehicle to safely and comfortably transport both the dogs and myself to and from walks.

I currently own a medium sized estate car and wondered how realistic it would be to get twin boot crate and side by side back seat crates (totalling four crates). I did a diagram to show what I mean but the spam filter won't let me embed any images or links.

Obviously, the best solution would be a van, but I can't afford one just yet and would want to test the waters before fully committing to a spend that big. The next step after this would probably be to trade the car in and get a small van and hopefully work up from there.

Are cages on the backseat preferable to just having seatbelt harnesses, or do the harnesses give better freedom of movement for the dogs?

I'd really appreciate some experienced walkers' opinions on this. I want the business to have a 100%-safe-for-the-dog work ethic from the beginning so I feel it's important to get this right.

Any good tips about suppliers/where to find these kind of crates would also be great.

Thanks,

Jri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice