Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Started Agility!

Discussion in 'Dog Agility and Flyball' started by Pets_R_Me:), Mar 26, 2011.

1. Pets_R_Me:)

Pets_R_Me:) Guest

Finally took Cali along to an agility class at work today - LOVED it is an understatement! According to someone who competes in agility Cali is a 'natural' and according to my boss she looks like she absolutely loves working! So very proud of my wee girl :D

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Glad you enjoyed it
    I love it so does my dog

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

congratulations sounds like you had a fab time and Cali's gonna be a pro in no time :)

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Glad you enjoyed it!

We had our first class last Monday, I came home after the class and within a couple of hours i'd bought my own agility set for the garden... I love using it and Tiger is getting brilliant at it! Hopefully the trainer will be surprised about his progress :D

Just uploading some videos of him using the stuff today :)

we haven't yet mastered the weave poles, just gone through them (we lined them up in 2 lines next to each other and the dog had to run through the middle to get comfortable around the poles, Tiger still isn't 100% on it) but the tunnel & jumps he is brilliant at!

I have this set from Zooplus Complete Agility Fun & Exercise Set: agility dog toys at zooplus and it is brilliant - WELL worth the money! It takes about 15 minutes to set up (the hoop jump is a blag but everything else is a piece of cake - the hardest part is deciding where to put each piece of equipment, we have done all sorts of different combinations lol) and it's nice and sturdy without being bulky.

You get little zip bags like a tent bag to store it all in & you get ground pegs to safely stick the tunnel into the ground. The collapsible part of the tunnel comes off for initial training of the tunnel & it's super long! We have had to cut the collapsible bit down cos it's nearly the same length as the garden lol

Most agility stuff is either super quality (with the super price to match it) or extremely cheaply made and still expensive! Like the set of 6 cone jumps I saw (which is just some small plastic traffic cones with poles across them)..... cost £120!!!! Could have made that myself for nothing! But this one really is value for money. I know I sound like a sales rep for Zooplus but I am genuinely just a very happy customer :lol: :lol:

5. Pets_R_Me:)

Thanks. I had to control myself when I got in and stop myself buying a whole set.

Luckily, the Agility class was at my work so the equipment is there if I choose to use it. My colleague goes into the arena every day for 10 minutes of work with her Giant Schnauzer, so I may need to start doing the same with Cali :)

But I'm going to have a nosey at the Zooplus stuff, I think Cali deserves an Easter present after all :tongue_smilie:

6. mel@fish

mel@fish PetForums Senior

Hi, I start pre agility training with Skye in a couple of weeks so interesting to read your thread. I hope we enjoy it as much as you all do. I can't wait!!:)

7. Pets_R_Me:)

Another fab day at Agility :) Cali was off lead for three runs around the course, and the final one she did brilliantly - so impressed with my Princess :)

8. Pets_R_Me:)

Decided to take Logan along this week to try him with agility. He done much better than I expected and seemed to enjoy himself. Will definitely be back with them both next week - even though it exhausts me having to run the course with them both :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice