Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Starling murmuration

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by Steverags, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Steverags

Steverags International Man of Mystery

It was freezing cold and blowing a hoolie at Minsmere yesterday but seeing the murmuration was well worth the serious bout of flu I'm bound to get from being there, the video doesn't really show how amazing the spectacle of about 50,000 starlings flocking was, you have to be there to experience it.

[​IMG]DSC_0153 by Ragaddict, on Flickr

#1 Steverags, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Wow, must have been amazing to watch them

3. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

We've been debating whether to go across to Suffolk, our static site isn't open yet so would need to stay at SIL's, but it's so flipping cold at the moment. It's really nice sitting by the wood burner watching the birds in the garden.:Smuggrin
    On the other hand I've only seen starling murmarations a couple of times and it would be amazing to see one over the reed beds at Minsmere.

4. Steverags

Steverags International Man of Mystery

As it started there was a few thousand then all at once around 20,000 flew over the trees and joined in, it was an amazing sight, as I said in the end there were in the region of 50,000 birds and 1 peregrine falcon after his evening meal

Valanita and Siskin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice