Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stand Back, another TDM rant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Nov 21, 2012.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Im loosing the will to live, Christmas is cancelled :mad: :mad: :mad:. My selfish children both chose birthdays in December (what do you mean I cant blame them for that, this is a rant its not supposed to be rational :001_tongue:), Ive had to literally sit on them to get them to write a Christmas list, Ive got the entire family nagging me to let them know what the kids want and now theyve finally written it, I havent a clue where to get all of these weird sounding things from.

What I need is a teenager to translate the list from teenage speak to human, I hadnt even heard of an Eastpak pak'r and now Ive worked out what one is I wish I hadnt, who pays £40 for a rucksak :eek:. Also what is the deal with Vans, they are just pumps, they arent gold plated are they?

Could someone please translate the list, scour the web, find the best deals and buy the presents for me, while I sit and rock muttering about how much I hate Christmas shopping. And all this is before I even start on everyone elses presents :(. And if anyone posts that they have finished all their Christmas then Im taking that as volunteering for the job of my personal shopper so be warned.

Ahhhh that feels so much better now ;)

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

lol teenagers :rolleyes:

I'm only 21 so i might be able to help you out with some of the things :D

My OH's birthday is the 11th of December and he's a nightmare, never asks for anything so i just have to buy what he tells me when i demand he give me an idea of what he'd like!!! I got him a weight bench for his birthday(at his request as he'd found a great deal and wanted it) but i have no idea what to get him for christmas!!!

I think i'll buy him a stocking and fill it with little things :eek:

3. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Vans, the bane of my life :rolleyes:
    Hollister, another bane :(

Good luck with your list :D

4. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

eeeekkk! im thankful mine are still young enough to buy the cheaper end of stuff for lol! plus they have birthdays smack bam in the middle of the year. Unlike like this one who will come 5 weeks after xmas the naughty boy

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I'm not helping you, got enough of my own ta muchly. :p

Have done monster, this will be the last year for Santa, she's hegding her bets as to whether he's real, so watch the list expand once she realises that we buy the stuff :crying:

Still have hubs to do, his birthday is Xmas eve. :crying: :crying:

6. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Vans are cool, I've got a multi-coloured pair of vans :D

I'll speak to your lovely daughter later and tell her about Babychams too :lol:

7. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I have a pair of Vans. They're excellent for Skateboarding and Mountain Biking. Although I don't do the former, I do do the latter.:smile5:

Well I used to but there are no mountains in Finland.:nonod:

However, there are some very steep hills which, when covered in snow, Finns like to throw themselves down with sticks tied to each foot.:huh:

I'll never understand this race of people.:wink:

8. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Who couldn't run fast enough when I said......go shopping I'll watch the kids...who came back with a skips worth of xmas decs.???????

9. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Take the easy road - give them the money, let them do the dirty work of shopping themselves :D

10. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

oh poor you, i have no idea what any of that is. i'm only 24 and waaaaaay out of the loop on brands, fashion and anything else thats supposedly in. trying to find a sensible pair of jeans that sit above my hips and not just above my knicker line, until recently, was a flippin nightmare!

i have real problems keeping up with toys and C's only 8! moshi monsters may be the most irritating things i have ever come across, he's been told to keep them at his mothers :lol:

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Why not just adopt an endangered animal or hungry orphan in their name and tell them that you are giving them the gift of charidee this year!!:D

(Im so glad I just have adults to buy for!!).

12. Sussexplumber

Sussexplumber Banned

Why not buy a pair and fill them with you? ;)

13. CRL

CRL Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

does it have to be Vans that your kids want. i got a pair of DC trainers from amazon for £30 which is half what you would pay for them in the shops and they are very similar in look.
    if you cant understand the list give them some money or some vouchers so they can spend that on what they want instead, saves you the hassle

14. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I feel your pain TDM and I'm so glad that mine are all beyond that sort of thing now :p The youngest used to like Vans but is now happy with a pair of pumps from Primark for a fiver :D

15. CRL

CRL Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

16. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Urban Industry is another site...... If you use a cashback site such as quidco you get 8% cashback :).... So glad mine are all grown now !!!

And you know what happens if you keep rocking and muttering to yourself "They will come for you" :eek::eek:

17. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Hollister is bad boy! Blinking dear though!

18. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

Pfffsst forget Vans, Converse are much better :D I'm sending my American friend some dosh when she gets home and, the peach that she is, she'll be buying me a pair of Converse because they're significantly cheaper! :D

19. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I LOVE shopping and looking for bargains, so long as it's not for me i find it fun :eek:

Our 12 year old wants a Hollister hoodie for Christmas a snip at £60 :eek: and there is no way for finding them cheaper unless you order from American and then you risk custom charges , why couldn't he decide to become trendy when we was in Florida earlier this year :rolleyes:

20. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Know what you mean! I have my mum and dad on 9th and 14th dec respectively - and my dad is 60 this year, and mum 50 next year!

Have you got a complete list?

Vans are pretty good actually, they last but are expensive! I love Babychams too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice