Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stairs Issue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JayLib, Apr 6, 2011.

1. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

Hi There,

does anyone please know of a supplier of ramps that are long enough for a flight of stairs (about 14 steps!)??

We were due to move but it has fallen through and our puppy is coming home in 5 weeks and so we need a stairs solution to get him outside to the garden - he'll be ok to be carried for a short while but he's going to grow fast!

Many thanks in advance for any solutions offered!

Libby

2. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

if you are comfy doing it - get a piece of MDF - the thickest you can and long enough and around 12 in wide and glue carpet to it?a couple pieces of battoning on the back to wedge it on the steps for safety

3. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

Thanks for coming back to me!

Yes I think the build option is going to be the way to go - will have to get the other half to bring out his power tools :)

I just thought maybe someone might know of a pre-made supplier somewhere.....

Cheers
    Libby

4. Argos supply a cheap and cheeful ramp! whether it suitablefor your need I dont know" but what about building one! doubt it rocket science!

5. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

I've only ever seen ramps for cars.....DIY is probably the best way forward.

6. kimdelyse

kimdelyse PetForums Senior

If your looking to have one made my best suggestion would be to contact your local mobility centre. But I'm betting thatas it will be fairly bespoke it will be expensive! For the relatively short amount of time you'll be needing it I'd be inclined to bodge something up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice