Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stains from Feet!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Milly22, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Poppy has litter stains on what should be her lovely white mitts!

I think it can only be wet litter as it is a woody light colour, I have washed her feet twice now but thinks thats enough for 1 week.

Any advice on removing these stains from her feet ?

2. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Has she got this before?
    Maybe it was just an accident, like stepping in her own pee after doing the job in the litter tray.

Or... maybe it's the litter itself, then you may want to try a different one.

But anyway, it was advice that you asked for.
    I've got cleaning lotion from the pet's store; I just have to put it on a dry towel and then gently wipe her feet with it. Very effective ànd no water needed. My cat doesn't bother letting me wipe her feet when she comes in. (I only use it on very rainy days, when her paws are all muddy from running around in the garden. )
    Maybe this can help you too...

3. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i sometimes use a foam from pets at home on my cats as they can be messy eaters and again just rub it on with a face cloth or towel

Edit: i had a quick look on the website and they only have the waterless shampoo for dogs now but there is a pink one for cats (blue for dogs he he) not sure where would sell it though

#3 ellie8024, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Milly22 likes this.
  4. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Thanks I will have a look for some of the dry.

She is only 14 weeks and when we collected her all her feet were stained with litter her back paws seem better but the front are still quite stained. I have no idea what litter was used. I use catsan for her because it is nice and white!

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I remember when I first got my Birman and I used a pink litter from Pets at Home, picked it up completely oblivious to the fact that we would very soon have a kitten with 4 pink feet!

It took a week before I realised that the litter was staining her feet by which point they were a lovely colour!

I tried everything to get out and now own about 12 cat shampoo's, none of which helped much.

In the end I found a product designed for removing tear stains from white persians ( can't remember what it was called but it was expensive! )
    Just one wash with this and the stains were completely gone!

Now I only ever use white litter!

6. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I'm purchasing Ducky White for my two as both have pure white feet. I was advised to by the Birman's breeder. She said that she knew of others who use very diluted bleach but did not condone it (thank GOD).

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Ducky White, now where would I purchase this? It's one foot in particular that the stains seems to be not moving from. I have tried kitten shampoo but I don't like to scrub her.

She runs now when she sees the baby talc, so I have stopped that, it only makes them white for 5 mins anyway.:rolleyes:

8. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I have seen it on Smylee pets. They do have quite high p&p but they have always been very helpful. You can buy cat shampoo for specific coat colours too. :)

9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Thanks lots. x

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Smylee pets order form

Spoiled for choice here. :D

Tried to blob you but it's told me to spread my rep a bit more, apparently.

It's - PF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice