Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stagbars!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sezzastar, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Sezzastar

Sezzastar PetForums Senior

Just received one of 3 stagbars through the post. I ordered 2 from ebay and one from antlerdogchews.co.uk (by the way the voucher code is VCH105667 if anybody wants £5 off their first order) just to see how they compare. Well the one from the website came through and I gave it to Harley in his crate as he is a chewer and he has never been so quiet!! :laugh: looking forward to receiving the other 2 for my other 2 dogs!

Now I wonder how long it will last!

2. yeuxvert

yeuxvert PetForums Senior

Hi I posted a thread on this subject last week. All the replies were positive. I was interested to know what people thought as they seem quite expensive. Good to know of the discount (thank you). Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

3. Sezzastar

Well.. Harley is a serious chewer. He has destroyed gel mouse pads, carpets, gardens, wooden chairs, many blankets, bamboo fencing, many toys including kongs and "seriously strong" bones. :ihih: (he is a collie)

He chewed it for an hour then had to have a rest. Will update on here again in a couple days!

Will be great to see our leonberger with his when it comes through a post as he can eat a bone in about 20 minutes where as the same bone can take Harley a couple days work! Strong jaws!

By the way i ordered a large one from the website (cost me £9.20 with voucher off but VAT and postage added) and its a decent size for a collie!

4. yeuxvert

Sounds good. Isla is a Border Collie (5 months old) and chewing everything also. Think I will invest. I live in Scotland and kinda hoping I can find some for free :D

5. Oscar12

Oscar12 PetForums Member

yeuxvert !! If you find any let me know where !! lol

Sezzastar, thank you for the code ;) Just put a wee order in for a few.

Our pups love them but even though they have one each, they need to have the same one :rolleyes:
    Maisies worked out some sneaky moves .. if Oscar has it she starts a wee fight over a toy then jumps over him and she's off with the antler !

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Muddy found one yesterday and as he can't have anything like that, Alfie has benefited, 2 chews of about an hour so far and it's only a Roe deer one :thumbup:

We have a few in the shed attached to skulls, might have to break them off :D

7. yeuxvert

If I find any I might just be setting up a new business :D

8. yeuxvert

I'm jealous ;)

9. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

My reply wasn't! My Danes won't look at stagbars and I bought 3 giant ones!

Someone please tell me their secret in getting their dogs to like them. :eek:

10. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

Rub a bit of meat or fish paste into them!- You know that horrible stuff in little jars? Not that mine needed it but that tends to get dogs to like pretty much anything!

11. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Just went into p@h as I needed tripe and found stagbars in the treat aisle :) I couldn't resist buying Lucky one after reading about them on here.

She LOVES it :D

I've taken it away now but will let her have it in the evenings when I'm watching tv :D

12. MLB

MLB Guest

I keep meaning to buy some of these for my lot. My dogs love to chew, You only have to enter our house to see that:D As I have 5 dogs it works out quite expensive and would be such a waste if they decide they don't like them, Still i'll probably buy some at some point.

13. Sezzastar

My dogs enjoying their stagbars. Couldn't get many 'chewing' pics as they were all blurry!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sezzastar

Just buy one at first and see who likes it? They are only around £9 for a large one, quite cheap when you think some toys are £5 or 6 and they last a week!

15. yeuxvert

Lovely pics and a very good advert for Stagbars :D

16. yeuxvert

Oops sorry must have missed your post :eek:

17. lily74

lily74 PetForums Senior

Dexter loves stagbars! He has the extra large one, sometimes he will just leave it so I just put it in front of him and then he will start to chew it.

Once he gets through the top layer he seems to like it more as the tastier stuff is inside I think:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice