UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received one of 3 stagbars through the post. I ordered 2 from ebay and one from antlerdogchews.co.uk (by the way the voucher code is VCH105667 if anybody wants £5 off their first order) just to see how they compare. Well the one from the website came through and I gave it to Harley in his crate as he is a chewer and he has never been so quiet!! :laugh: looking forward to receiving the other 2 for my other 2 dogs!

Now I wonder how long it will last!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi I posted a thread on this subject last week. All the replies were positive. I was interested to know what people thought as they seem quite expensive. Good to know of the discount (thank you). Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.. Harley is a serious chewer. He has destroyed gel mouse pads, carpets, gardens, wooden chairs, many blankets, bamboo fencing, many toys including kongs and "seriously strong" bones. :ihih: (he is a collie)

He chewed it for an hour then had to have a rest. Will update on here again in a couple days!

Will be great to see our leonberger with his when it comes through a post as he can eat a bone in about 20 minutes where as the same bone can take Harley a couple days work! Strong jaws!

By the way i ordered a large one from the website (cost me £9.20 with voucher off but VAT and postage added) and its a decent size for a collie!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well.. Harley is a serious chewer. He has destroyed gel mouse pads, carpets, gardens, wooden chairs, many blankets, bamboo fencing, many toys including kongs and "seriously strong" bones. :ihih: (he is a collie)

He chewed it for an hour then had to have a rest. Will update on here again in a couple days!

Will be great to see our leonberger with his when it comes through a post as he can eat a bone in about 20 minutes where as the same bone can take Harley a couple days work! Strong jaws!

By the way i ordered a large one from the website (cost me £9.20 with voucher off but VAT and postage added) and its a decent size for a collie!
Sounds good. Isla is a Border Collie (5 months old) and chewing everything also. Think I will invest. I live in Scotland and kinda hoping I can find some for free :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeuxvert !! If you find any let me know where !! lol

Sezzastar, thank you for the code ;) Just put a wee order in for a few.

Our pups love them but even though they have one each, they need to have the same one :rolleyes:
Maisies worked out some sneaky moves .. if Oscar has it she starts a wee fight over a toy then jumps over him and she's off with the antler !

·
Still missing my boys
42,320 Posts
Sounds good. Isla is a Border Collie (5 months old) and chewing everything also. Think I will invest. I live in Scotland and kinda hoping I can find some for free :D
Muddy found one yesterday and as he can't have anything like that, Alfie has benefited, 2 chews of about an hour so far and it's only a Roe deer one :thumbup:

We have a few in the shed attached to skulls, might have to break them off :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
yeuxvert !! If you find any let me know where !! lol

Sezzastar, thank you for the code ;) Just put a wee order in for a few.

Our pups love them but even though they have one each, they need to have the same one :rolleyes:
Maisies worked out some sneaky moves .. if Oscar has it she starts a wee fight over a toy then jumps over him and she's off with the antler !
If I find any I might just be setting up a new business :D

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Hi I posted a thread on this subject last week. All the replies were positive. I was interested to know what people thought as they seem quite expensive. Good to know of the discount (thank you). Look forward to hearing your thoughts :)
My reply wasn't! My Danes won't look at stagbars and I bought 3 giant ones!

Someone please tell me their secret in getting their dogs to like them. :eek:

·
Team Ginger!
10,710 Posts
My reply wasn't! My Danes won't look at stagbars and I bought 3 giant ones!

Someone please tell me their secret in getting their dogs to like them. :eek:
Rub a bit of meat or fish paste into them!- You know that horrible stuff in little jars? Not that mine needed it but that tends to get dogs to like pretty much anything!

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Just went into [email protected] as I needed tripe and found stagbars in the treat aisle :) I couldn't resist buying Lucky one after reading about them on here.

She LOVES it :D

I've taken it away now but will let her have it in the evenings when I'm watching tv :D

G

·
I keep meaning to buy some of these for my lot. My dogs love to chew, You only have to enter our house to see that:D As I have 5 dogs it works out quite expensive and would be such a waste if they decide they don't like them, Still i'll probably buy some at some point.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dogs enjoying their stagbars. Couldn't get many 'chewing' pics as they were all blurry!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep meaning to buy some of these for my lot. My dogs love to chew, You only have to enter our house to see that:D As I have 5 dogs it works out quite expensive and would be such a waste if they decide they don't like them, Still i'll probably buy some at some point.
Just buy one at first and see who likes it? They are only around £9 for a large one, quite cheap when you think some toys are £5 or 6 and they last a week!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dexter loves stagbars! He has the extra large one, sometimes he will just leave it so I just put it in front of him and then he will start to chew it.

Once he gets through the top layer he seems to like it more as the tastier stuff is inside I think:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.