Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

staffy

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by wizard79, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizard79

wizard79 Banned

hi 2 every one my staffey is 3 and i think he needs mating as the teddy bears are getting it lol so how do u go about it he is a full kc and is very big for a staff thanks all

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You know that studding him out will possibly make his behaviour worse dont you?

Is he a good example of his breed? IE, does he fit the breed standard, does he do well in the show ring?

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

have you done all the heath checks

4. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

personaly i would say not to mate him there are already enough staffies in the rescue centres :(

5. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Have you took your boy back to his breeder and been told he is a good enough example of the breed to sire a litter!?
    Has he been shown and done well!?
    Has he had all the recommended health checks!?
    What would you do with the puppies!? (or does that not matter to you because he will only be the sire)

Oh and might i add and dog does not get bred from just beacuse hes humping teddies! Get him neautered if there is even one out of my list you havent done!

6. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

I agree with you

7. wizard79

wizard79 Banned

no he is a family pet but i have not seen a better 1 about and every 1 that sees him comments so i would like 2 breed him he has champs in his pedigree .thanks for all ur comments

8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Oh dear.! Just because a dog has champions back throw out his pedigree does NOT mean he is going to be a good example of the breed, nor his off spring!

If hes a pet i would keep it that way you brought him as a pet and thats how it should stay imo!!!

Lots of people comment on my dogs in the street does not mean i come home and plan a mating for them!!

9. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Have you done all the heath checks

1 person likes this.
  10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sallyanne would be the best person to give you advice. She is very experienced and knowledgable about Staffords, the breed standard, and health problems and testing.

Whilst you may think he looks nice, he needs to fit the breed standard in order to be a good stud dog, plus have all his DNA tests.

If you havent shown him, you will be limited to mainly pet and money breeders, who do nothing more than add to an already out of control population of SBT's.

Studding a dog can cause behavioural issues such as aggression, and your once nice friendly pet, may have a complete personality change.

A dog doesnt need to procreate to have a fulfilled life. It would be far kinder on your dog, and the breed in general if you were to have him neutered and keep him as what you purchased him as, and that a family pet.

If you look in the rehoming section of this forum, you will that 90% of the dogs in centres are SBT's. Unless you are a serious lover of the breed, and are wanting to better it, then i see no reason why you need to use your dog as a stud.

11. wizard79

wizard79 Banned

he is an excellent dog thats ur opinion every 1 has 1 m8

Attached Files:

12. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Nonnie i couldnt agree more with that!

13. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

I know absoulutly nothing about dog breeding, but we had a new addition to our family on saturday. A black entire lab called tom, we also have another black lab called ted, male neuter.

As soon as they met Tom was humping Ted:rolleyes:, and making a bit of a mess all over Ted :eek: :eek:. Funny at first but not so funny after a few days. We took Tom to be castrated tuesday and I know its really early days but hes not tried to hump Ted once.

I would definatly agree with the others, get him done and he wont be so frustrated:) Mating him once isnt going to solve your problem, if anything its going to make matters worse.

14. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Yes everyone has a opinion! But everyone that has answered you have given you facts! Is he health tested!? Im guessing not as you have been asked twice and choose to ignore us!

is your only reason for breeding because your friends say hes a nice looking dog!
    Blimmy i must go and mate all my dogs up to then i have been told many a times the are gorgeous

Breeding a dog should be to better the breed and not to wreck it any futhur than the staffy is already...

#14 DevilDogz, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  15. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

He does look gorgeous, I love staffs...but again im a cat person..so not getting involved, just wanted to say he does look lovely tho :001_tt2:

16. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I think he needs neutering, not being used at stud.

17. wizard79

wizard79 Banned

my dog is an excellent staff one staff breaders should be proud of and he has not had health test as that is why i am on here asking questions m8 and he would not mess the bread up he would inprove it old english in aii the right places m8 head chest legs ect.:D:D:D:D

18. Dundee

Dundee Banned

From what I can see in the photo, I don't think he is suitable to be a stud dog. Love him for the pet he is and get him neutered. although Sallyanne would be the best person to ask.

19. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

I do agree, all you seem to see these days is adverts of staff pups and pups in rescue centres, tis sad :(

20. wizard79

wizard79 Banned

hhaa u got a staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice