Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffy X ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by _Sara_, Nov 1, 2012.

1. _Sara_

_Sara_ PetForums Member

Just wondering if any of you have an idea what my staffy is crossed with? He's a 9 year old rescue (I don't know what it is with me and these old rescue dogs. A 9 year old pekingese, 8 year old pekingese and a 9 year old staffy. Must be mad! :crazy:) You can defiantly see the staff in him but his tail isn't staffy like? its not smooth, the hairs longish on there. He's a bit skinny but he's up to 19kgs now :D So ideas anyone? His name is Spike by the way, I wanted to re name him but i think he's a bit old to be getting a new name

Attached Files:

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

If I saw him passing out on a walk I would just think he was a staffy :) just one getting on a little in years

It's lovely to see an oldie getting eventually getting his forever home :)

#2 paddyjulie, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  3. Dwavid

Dwavid PetForums Member

Sorry but to me he is 100% staffy.
    The rescue will mark most dogs as crosses if they do not know their history.
    I have owned staffies for the last 22 years, and the breed looks are changing.
    Here are a few old time staffies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    None of them have a deformed size head, or a very small snout, or the over the top heavy build, where the poor dog walks with a wobble like the British Bull Dog :blink:
    Some of the breeders out their are breeding for more bully type features, fact!
    I been told that my 23 month old staffy is small!!! he stands at 19 inches (over the standard) weighs in at 21.4kg (over the standard) but because his head is not an abnormal size or because his body is not massively built and front heavy I've been told that he can't be a pedigree, well he is, I have the papers to prove it.
    His head is normal size, as is his snout and his build - soild & athletic
    [​IMG]

To me your dog looks 100% staffy it just does not look like the deformed types that a lot of people are breeding.
    At the end of the day if your dog is health & happy then who cares is my view.

4. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Looks very staffy too me hes georgeous btw :D x

5. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I'm rubbish at this but only see staffie as well. He looks a darling though :)

6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I would say that he is 100% all staffy - and actually a lovely looking one at that!

I think there are SO many staff crosses out there that people are beginning to lose sight of what a staffy actually looks like! Dwavid's photos are how a staffy should look to me, but like he says, the 'modern' show type ones have wider/shorter heads and bodies - they are turning into milder versions of Bulldogs!

7. _Sara_

_Sara_ PetForums Member

Cheers guys :) I know what you mean about abnormal looking staffs they all look like they are about to fall over there heads are that big! Sorry it's taken so long to reply in killed my laptop and really hate this iPhone! Lol

8. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

definitely not 100% staff but i can't put my finger on what he's crossed with

9. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

He looks like a blue brindle from the pics.
    Some blue lines are out of KC standard, quite considerably sometimes.

The thicker tail may just be a fault or possibly a hint of lab or mastiff type.

Great looking dog whatever he is, very happy :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice