Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffy x Am Bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tapir, May 7, 2010.

1. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

What do you reckon to this cross? For sale in my newspaper - not buying but was intruiged to oppinions of it.

I can imagine it is quite nice actually, American Bulldogs aren't really known for their agression - not like Pitties with their reputation.

I think it will be powerful, but more goofy and loving than anything!

If it's been bought up well...she is 2 years, and it says she is docile, loving and good with kids.

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The only thing that would ever really worry me about such crosses, is that the resulting dog may appear to be type.

The legal aspect would be my greatest concern.

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'd be worried about the dog looking a pit 'type' and the risk of it being seized under the DDA breed legislation.

And I hope I'm not being to stereo typical but I'd be worried about what circumstances the dog had been bred? Possibly by a 'status' dog owner and with no regard to temperament or health

I've only met one Am Bull and he was a soppy thing.

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

^^^^^ Same as above.... which is a shame... same thing with a lot of staffie x labs :(

5. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

My friends have one and she really looks "type", they are her second home and her previous owner who I know well bought her as a staffiex in a pet store, receipt as evidence seen. A vet that saw her reckoned she did look pit bull crossed, but many that have met her recognised ambull in her, the way she moves and her loving madness reminds me of a dally (she has several black dots growing on her back)

She is a mad dog!!!! Totally lovely
    she was still young here.
    [​IMG]

She is insanely energetic and excitable, loves people, she is good with dogs, but a bit rough, seriously strong and incredibly agile. She is the most affectionate dog I have ever come across :001_wub:

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

She's beautiful, such a pretty face:)

7. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Awwww, he has an Alistair Darling eyebrow :p

8. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

a lovely cross in the right hands (as with any breed), but i can see it as being of type, so wouldn't get one myself as I wouldn't risk it being taken away.

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I wouldn't get one just for the risk of being type and both breeds can be dodgy with other dogs. Would be amazing in the right hands though especially with people.

10. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

my thoughts exactly. :)

gorgeous doggie too!!!! :001_wub:

11. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i looked into getting an AM last year and what put me off was alot of the breeders tbh. Im talking about ones who show their dogs at NKC etc, they kept bragging about who their dog could take down weight wise and which dog would beat which in a fight, so i left it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice