Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffy with balding circle on head

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Christy053, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Christy053

Christy053 PetForums Newbie

[​IMG]
    Hello,
    Just wondering if anybody had any ideas what could be causing this?
    We rescued Misty beginning of December and she is a little short of hair in patches, particularly top of her tail and lower back, also the small circular area on her head and around ears. Initial thoughts were stress or hormones as she was picked up as a stray with pyometra and had the operation the following day. We have seen the vets one said it may be normal for her, one said it could be fleas or mites (vets have given treatment for this), the vet today is starting her on a course of antibiotics. So far no improvement, she is a 5 yo SBT, she is on a hypoallergenic diet and otherwise seems fit and healthy, TIA

Attached Files:

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Are they itchy or flaky?

3. Christy053

Christy053 PetForums Newbie

Nope, she isn’t scratching or excessively licking any part of her body and no flaky/dandruff either

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I think I'd be inclined to just wait and see if it's not bothering her. After a few months good food and care, you may find it starts growing again.

5. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Our Staffy had a bald circle on top of her head until she was 3 years old.

It isn't unusual in Staffies. Sometimes, the cause can be Demodex, which can be diagnosed from a skin scraping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice