Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

staffy` problem anyone help pls??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by terry67, Apr 2, 2008.

1. terry67

terry67 PetForums Newbie

Hiya folks well this is my 1st thread in this forum just joined tonight ,but i have in the last 2 wks become the owner of a lovely staff` who is 9 month old ,i got her from a girl who bought her and found out she couldnt keep animals in high flats, and she`s a lovely dog but ive noticed on the left hand side of her theres a ``kinda hard spot or wart like thing bout the size of a pea,but i noticed tonight that it was bleeding and it looks as though its getting bigger i think lol it doesnt seem to bother her but i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to what it is or could be ?? thanx and you`s have an excellent site in this one keep up the good work ..........

terry67.......

2. Angelicats

Angelicats PetForums Junior

Hi,
    I should get it checked with a vet, especially if it is getting bigger.

3. AJ

AJ Guest

I wouldn't wait til it gets bigger, get her to the vets asap, a general health check wouldn't hurt for your new recruit anyway! :)

4. terry67

terry67 PetForums Newbie

thanx to everyone who sent into the forum regarding the message i put in thank yous all very much indeed ,i was trying to leave her till the 7th of this month as she`s to go back and get her 2nd jag then ,but i thought to myself same as you`s all said`take her to the vet.i took her up today and the lady vet i seen said as soon as she looked at it "its a (some kind wart )sorry cant remember the name offhand but said it was nothing to worry about. so she cleaned it with something on cotton wool after washing it , she said it musta rubbed her side against the wall or something like that and thats whats caused the bleeding ,then she put a cream stuff on it and said that should clean anything out and that she`d see it when i go back on the 7th and see if it needs to be removed some other way but she assured me it was nothing to worry about so that put a smile on my face as she`s a brilliant little dog ,bit boistrous lol but its to be expected from a pup i would be lost without her now lol again thanking all you`s who answered me,take care folks.

Terry67....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice