UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on these, deffo think they'd appeal to staffy/bully owners, but what do the houndy people think?

Obviously i could put ribbon on the 25mm part to brighten them up a bit :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Would be good for our Loki he's got some bull in him so is heavier set and quite strong,
might weigh E's tiny head and skinny neck down:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Like it, the yellow looks pretty bright and the whole thing looks tough but comfy, important for Bo's delicate neck.

I like the buckle as well, my amateur poo-roller would certainly have trouble ripping it off on rocks + trees.

I don't know if it's possible but some sort of reflective ribbon in the middle would go well with the yellow at this time of year.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep its padded so nice and comfy :) the tape used on tthe nightbright range could go on the middle part :)

Thinking around £15 for one like that (i.e no ribbon), what dya reckon?

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Hmmmm not for me- these huge collars always scream "my dog is a status symbol" to me when on Bully's- may well just be me tho.
I tend to think that too; the common sense part of me knows that loads of people get them as they are strong, comfortable collars - the part of me that meets too many idiots in the park who do have their dogs as status symbols unfortunately associates these collars with them.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yep its padded so nice and comfy :) the tape used on the nightbright range could go on the middle part :)

Thinking around £15 for one like that (i.e no ribbon), what dya reckon?
Sounds like a bargain to me :) if I ever manage to get some spare cash this year (it could happen :rolleyes:) I will be putting an order in.

Maybe it's just my area but the 'status' bullys near me tend to look like shire horses, all leather and brass :D so I think Bo would be free of ridicule :p ;)

·
Registered
968 Posts
i would def put one of these on dexter (my bullmastiff) once hes fully grown, i can understand people thinking it makes them look like a status dog, but i know hes not so i dont care if people THINK hes a status dog. :) they are lovely and a decent price

·
Team Ginger!
10,710 Posts
my 2 have massive 2" collars and everyone comments on them, people seem to love them :)
Maybe it's just me (and Kilo's mum) lol. I just try and do everything in my power to make the little power house look softer round the edges, to try and help the stereotypeness. Hence why dexie is "dressed" in purple- with soft collars and fluffy harness's!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Maybe it's just me (and Kilo's mum) lol. I just try and do everything in my power to make the little power house look softer round the edges, to try and help the stereotypeness. Hence why dexie is "dressed" in purple- with soft collars and fluffy harness's!
i do understand what you mean, but i wouldnt not put one on my boy because of what other people would think.

when dexter is full size their will be 3 giant breed dogs in the family:
a rottie, DDB, bullmastiff imagine the looks we will get anyway. :)

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I much much prefer the look of chunky collars on the boys and bullies in general, but the boys collar MUST be yellow mind! see....

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Each to their own- Love Chance in that collar!

This is quite fluffy- well fluffier than a standard fleece harness! Fleece Dog Harness With Paws
thanks :) I'm not bothered what others think about them, suppose there a difference if they were the bloody studded collars :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.