Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffies Attack Again

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

A man from Tipton in the West Midlands has been attacked by three Staffordshire Bull Terriers, he has injuries to his legs, they also attacked several dogs before been captured. All three are now been kept in secure kennels.

I bet they were owned by some low life who has no idea how to look after a dog.

2. pheebus

pheebus PetForums VIP

Poor things. :( It's not the dogs fault. I know some people say it's in their nature to be violent, but if they were brought up properly, they wouldn't be attacking people/other animals, and wouldn't have to be PTS. :( People just think that they are violent because of the way they look. The poor things have been given an awful reputation all because of a few low-life scums. :mad:

Sorry about that rant, I get angry quite easily. :p

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

While I do believe some breeds of dog have a slightly higher agression level, I do truly think it's the hand that feeds that's to blame the majority of the time. I listened with dread when serving someone tonight that was on about a staffie pup. They were on the phone when they came in and their mate asked who it was and what they wanted and he went on about a staffie girl that the owner "wanted rid of tonight" for £50 and that if "they're really wanting rid of her they'll take £40". I could tell straight away that the poor girl has had no, and will have no life :( I wouldn't be shocked if she's in a paper a few years down the line for attacking someone.

4. pheebus

pheebus PetForums VIP

How awful... :( Maybe they should make a simulation, (kind of like a speeding seminar) where they get to be in the dogs shoes for a while. That might change their minds. :glare: :D

5. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

Poor dogs (and poor guy of course)

I wonder why some breeds get more negative publicity than others. There must be cases of people being attacked by poodles for example but we never get to hear about it. It's always Staffies that seem to make the news. We know a few and they wouldn't hurt a fly.

I agree that it must be the way they are kept by their owners. Some people shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs. Perhaps it's time to introduce some kind of testing for prospective owners and reintroduce dog licenses or something.

6. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Other dogs do make the news... rotties, pit bulls etc.
    I think its good that it makes the news not only does it make people realise that these dogs can attack people might stop and think before they buy or breed them as to weather they can actually look after one of these breeds properly.
    Its the idiots that have them as status dogs that is the problem!

Personally i would never own a staff i just dont like them but i plan to have a rottie when my kids are in high school.

7. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Just get worses doesn't it :rolleyes:

8. Probably they were, perhaps never had any proper socialization and could have been encouraged to be nasty!
    The heart bleeds for the breed it really does. such a shame.

9. harley bear

Were there not three of them? surely being in a pack they would have had some sort of socialization.
    The problem is they are 10 a penny these days and they have been over bred.

10. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

It just gets sadder when more attacks are reported, we were away this weekend and some friends came to stay overnight bringing their staffy, he was tethered with our 3 outside while we sat bbqing, took them to the beach where there were children, other dogs and all he was interested in was playing ball with our 3, never gave a dog or child a second look, he sat to have his sunscreen on (cute) then continued to play, the 3 of them ate together and slept together and they have only ever met once before, it was so lovely to watch him and sad at the same time, to think people who dont know him would never see him as this lovely natured softy.:(:)

11. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

There was a report done recently which showed that the highest cases of children being bitten in their own home was done by the family labrador! You never read about that in the newspapers.

12. harley bear

Where is this report?

13. shells

shells PetForums VIP

those poor poor dogs haver prob had a horrid life for them to behave in this manner . at the end of the day every dog has the ability be mean/killer its all down to how they are broughed up. After all ,all dogs originaly were wild at some point in there ansistory (soz spelling) and would kill to eat or die.(so i have been told) i truly believe that the owners need to take the fall for this and not the pooch. my heart bleeds for these animals as wot hope do they have of living a full life:(

14. harley bear

When was this attack? Maybe the dogs were well cared for and they snapped because of the heat... op has not given a link with any details of the attack and people seem to be jumping to conclusions before knowing the full story.

15. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice