Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffie owners; The Staffie Roll?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rah, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

Aimed more towards owners of a SBT, does anyone own a Staffie that does this? I was walking with a friend a couple of days ago with Ruby, George's beloved friend, an SBT. I couldn't help but notice how many times she did this little 'army roll' as we walked and my friend told me that she'd had it with previous SBT she'd owned too!

Does anyone else own a dog that does something particular to the breed?

Or querky habbits that are just particular to your dog? ;)

SJ

2. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

I have heard that terriers sometimes sort of hop on 3 legs rather than using all 4.

3. Rah

Rah PetForums Senior

Never heard of this one! :D

4. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Would that not be because of luxating patella?

Dino thinks he's a collie and stalks his pals, then lies flat to the ground and waits for them to come close enough for him to pounce haha. Not heard of another GSD doing it.

I think a GSD thing is stuffing their head under your arm to fling it up. I know other breeds can do it but I don't know a shepherd that doesn't do it lol.

5. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

There was a thread on here a while ago about it, some peoples dogs do the 3 legged walk and have had the complete all clear from their vets.

6. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

How strange haha :D

7. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

No Harvey doesn't do an army roll whilst walking, never seen a staff do it then! He will at home mid play though

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont think Ive witnessed an Staffie army roll! It sounds cute!:D
    I know alot of Chihuahua owners are familiar with the Chihuahua Scream of Death!:eek: They can be insanely over dramatic at times and let you know about it by screaming like they are being murdered!:rolleyes: Heidi will do this if she is hurt or something surprises her. (very embaressing if someone drops a rubbish bag about 20ft behind you and your dog jumps 3ft in the air screaming like someone has shoved their paw in a meat grinder!!LOL:eek:)

9. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Whats an army roll (then will tell you if previous or current staffie cross does it!)

10. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Our girl goes daft when she's in long damp grass and will suddenly fling herself on the ground mid-run and sort of swim around in it :rolleyes:

11. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

haha tia does this too, the fling is hilarious! the grass doesn't have to be long and damp either, it's just got to be grass!
    and i have no idea what a 'staffie roll' is..

12. Dizzy Grace

Dizzy Grace PetForums Member

Was wondering that too.

My staffy foster dog does this cute frog leg crawl thing that I'd never seen a dog do before, but apparently a common staffy thing.

13. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

haha harvster does that to :D

14. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

A Staffie covered in pastry.

15. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

Diz will roll in pretty much anything (especially filty puddles at the end of the a walk :rolleyes:), drag herself crawling through pretty much anything (she's in heaven with all the waterlogged fields!) and have 'celebration' rolls just for the fun of it.

Not sure if they count :eek:

16. tia maria

tia maria PetForums Member

Our Tia who is a staff mix does this long drawn out stretch when vacating the sofa...she gets half her body off and leaves her back legs on for ages
    :) And looks outraged when I'm tempted to give her rear a light smack :)

17. ouesi

ouesi Guest

I love the staffy smile. A happy lolling tongued staffy with a big grin gets me every time :001_wub:

Boxers do a "kidney bean" move where they lean in to you and bend their body in to a kidney bean shape. I find that very endearing too.

The boxer muzzle punch :D I have a video somewhere of me practicing fronts with my boxer mutt and he punches me in the gut like 20 times in one session. Brat...

Danes, LOL... Danes lean. Love a good snuggly dane lean. They also sit on things as if they were humans with their butts on the seat and the four paws on the floor. Cracks me up every time.

18. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

love it.. my tia does exactly this too, it's so so funny!

19. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

Our previous staffie cross used to do that!!

20. MLB

MLB Guest

Holly does this and also does it with my feet. I've heard from other rottie owners that their dogs do this also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice