Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Staffie haters!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JSR, Jul 7, 2009.

1. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

:mad: I'm getting so fed up of it!! Just on another site and some girl is blasting a staffie because it 'attacked' her dog. All very sad until you read, the staffie was on lead, she was walking 7 dogs off lead uncontrolled and out of her sight!!! She then is getting defensive when I dare suggest the fault lays at her door for allowing a pack of off lead dogs when she cannot clearly see them!! She is saying the staffie should be PTS because it's aggressive!!!!!

Is it me? How on earth can the blame lay with a dog that was onlead?

I'm sick and fed up of these poor dogs being blamed for everything. Yes I admit they have 'issues' sometimes with other dogs, of my 2 crosses the bitch isn't dog friendly but my male is a complete lover and lays on his back if any aggression is shown to him. If p*sses me off. :cursing:

Sorry rant over!!:D

Luvdogs likes this.
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I agree. Stupid girl, obviously knows nothing about dogs, and it irresponsible in allowing her mob to intimidate and threaten an onlead dog. I think any animal, regardless of breed, would react in a defensive manner,

Its sad, but the Staff will always get the blame, regardless of who started it. They are always the scapegoat.

3. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

It annoys me too. I used to have a Staffie cross, Rex who is now over rainbow bridge and he used to dislike other dogs (we actually turned him round towards the latter half of his life and he really started to enjoy other dog's company).

I would always walk him on a lead where there was likely to be other dogs and it would really annoy me when a dog off lead would come barreling over to him, no owner in sight.

Of course the owner would appear much later then their dog them moan at me when Rex showed a dislike to his bottom being sniffed by a complete stranger.

4. rona

rona Guest

Stupid Stupid owners, they drive me mad, but not for the same reason.
    Go back and tell this girl that her mob could hinder the recovery of injured dogs because of their lack of control also what about elderly people with elderly dogs coming face to face with this pack :mad:

5. Johnderondon

Johnderondon PetForums VIP

Breed prejudice.

That's all it is and it does cost lives.

[​IMG]

Look at that face. See the fear and uncertainty. The misery projects itself from the screen, does it not?

Her name was B5 but someone called her Angel because she looked like one. It's hard to find rescue spaces for Staffies but a dedicated lady came forward (despite being full) and stepped up to the plate. Angel had her rescue space secured.

She never reached though. B5 ended her life on a cold steel table in the company of strangers because she "showed aggression" through the bars towards another dog.

Would that have happened to Poodle?

Well? Would it?

1 person likes this.
  6. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

what an idiot :(

how can she not see that she is at fault?

Send her here, I want to sort her out :cursing: :mad: :mad: :cursing:

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I love staffies...I think they are gorgeous, but when i went to look round the RSPCA centre, i could not beleive how many staffs are in there...i was horrified...same excuse, owner cant cope!!!:mad:

8. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Bloody idiots! What site is that? Maybe I'll give my two pennies worth!

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

That is so, so sad :( :(

10. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

It's not just staffie haters, it's folk with no brain who think they are right no matter what the situation...;)

I once had a run in with a couple with an off the lead Choc lab with no recall, it wanted to have a go with my Akita's which were on leads & harnesses.

:rolleyes:

11. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Ugh it annoys me when people hate the complete breed because of one dog, I like staffies as they are lovely dogs, Having said that i wouldnt have one, I just prefur springers lol, I only wouldnt have one because I know my dog doesnt like them (she met staffies a fes times and decides to put her tail between her legs and shake idk why...)

12. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

The sad part is it's someone that volunteers for rescues so should know better. I wish I could send the link here but its' a private site. I'm just so sad that if people who should know better can't control their dogs and take responsiblity then who can?:mad:

13. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I can't believe how stupid that woman was of course it was her dogs fault. Poor staffie they're one of my favourite breeds.

14. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I love staffies and hope one day to rescue/foster them. They are sooo misunderstood! :( :cursing: :cursing:

15. Kaz65

Kaz65 PetForums Member

I am the proud owner of a 14 week old staff. I have two other dogs Shih Tzu. My little one as not yet gone out but I have been greeted by mixed feelings already before I evan take him out.
    One of my neighbours said if she sees me with him for me not to be offended if she crosses over the road. She said she doesn't like them and also her dogs don't. She says this is cause one of them was attacked by a staff when it was young. I told her by the time my little one goes out he will be well socialized with dogs as he as my two who he plays with all the time. While I am writing this hes lay in the middle of my two girls having his ears cleaned by one of them while he has his head on top of the other one.

There is good and bad in any breed and any dog can bite or attack other dogs yet as soon as you say you have a Staff people look at you in shock that you have brought this breed. He is so loving and loves his belly tickled. When he does go out next week I will just ignore the negative people as to me they are not worth my breath. But then again I will stick up for him so can see a few argument's when I start to take him out with the girls. lol:D

That picture of that poor girl brought a tear to my eye she looked so sad and frightened bless her.

16. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

I love Staffs, well i love all dogs, all shapes and sizes :D the woman was very irresponsible :mad:
    When we were camping very recently, there was a poster up around the camping site, apparently a wild pony had been attacked by a Staff, everyone was blaming the dog....:( but it is nearly always the irresponsible owners, who give these beautiful dogs a bad name.

I really do feel for this breed :(

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

If the staffy was on a lead an her dogs were out of control then she's at fault not the staffy the stupid woman needs to see sense. Supposing it was an elderly person walking their pet yorkie her pack had run up to.

Before I had Button I was walking William on his own. I had just crossed the busy main road when a collie ran up to him of lead. It was nosing round William and wouldn't leave him alone. Its owners asked if William was vicious I answered no he isn't " OH said the woman I assume all dogs that are on leads are vicious" I pointed out that if he was then William would have already bitten her dog and she shouldn't have let it come pestering him.

I haven't seen the dog lately but used to see it in the middle of town and never once saw it with a lead on and it was often pestering on lead dogs.

18. spiffy

spiffy PetForums Junior

I have lived with Staffordshire Bull Terriers. They were so friendly and full of life. They wouldn't harm a hair on your head. I do feel for the breed because they have a lovely temperment.

19. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I have posted this Wedding Planning Forums - Urgent Appeal - Wedding Forum a few times but the ignorance continues to frustrate me. I have mentioned that yes I was attacked whilst walking a mates dog by a Rhodesian Ridgeback but I could see instantly that the owner was as drunk as a skunk that whilst reporting I said I don't blame the dog but the owner walks it at night when he's finished at the pub and the dog is not on a lead. The council wouldn't do anything with the owner.

I think the poster in the above thread has missed the point that a dog if taken from a bad owner has every chance of improving through agression training if placed with a decent owner. There really is no need to destroy a dog or to advocate destroying a dog its not the first and only option.

I can see her point but do not agree with her reasoning!

#19 Beagle Mafia, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  20. fwj01

fwj01 PetForums Junior

Urgh what a horrible woman!!!

I agree that if a dog attacks yours and it was completely uncalled for, I would get annoyed and hit the roof. Any dog owner would. I have, on many occasions.

But seriously how can you take 7 dogs for a walk and not expect some trouble?

Your dog must be a very loving dog, probably just trying to protect you :) Forget about it, and be proud that your dog has a protecting temprement :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice