Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ssssh...!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by newfiesmum, Jul 2, 2017.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I'm at my daughter's for a couple of days looking after her dog (cocker spaniel) but he's not allowed in the living room. Don't tell her, will you? :oops:

2. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

We need photos for future blackmailing opportunities :)

foxiesummer and newfiesmum like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I've never understood that.

To me a dog is part of the family.

Jack would leave home! ;). This is him right now :)

IMG_20170702_082436.jpg

Grace Bob, Sairy, MiffyMoo and 4 others like this.
  4. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Sorry, this is very hush, hush. Her husband even closed the living room door before they left 'because of the dog'. I mean, it's not as though it's raining or anything. Let's hope they don't come home unexpected!:rolleyes:

MiffyMoo likes this.
  5. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Me neither. My bears would have just opened the door and come in, as they frequently did when I tried to shut them in or out of anywhere. Quick nose tap on the handle and you're in. I mean, the living room does look like a show house, but he's a clean little dog. I'll keep him off the sofa, which isn't at all dog friendly, but that's as far as I go.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

We were out looking for new sofas and chairs yesterday and finding a comfortable suite in the preferred style and colour, with the right combination to accommodate 3 adults and a sprawled out lurcher in perfect comfort is quite challenging! :)

Even then, visitors might end up on the floor! :D

We think we need a 4 seater sofa, a cuddle chair and an armchair - or a mahoosive corner unit (Jack loves a cosy corner)! :)

Looking at having darker carpet too! ;)

newfiesmum likes this.
  7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I bought leather just for the bears, thinking it would be easier to clean. Well, the fur didn't stick but I had no idea then just how much mud and dirty a Newfie can leave behind. When I had my golden retriever, I had a lounge carpet that was Sammy coloured with brown splodges, so neither the fur nor the mud showed.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  8. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Can never understand people with (pet) dogs who dont include them fully as family members..
    Just to remind people of the fact that my dogs have always been faily I have this poem hanging in my hall.

Dogs Live Here
    If you don't want to be greeted with paws and swinging tails
    Don't come inside, because DOGS LIVE HERE.
    If you don't like the feel of a cold nose or wet tongue,
    If you don't want to step over scattered toys,
    If you think a home ought to smell of perfume,
    But if you don't mind all of this,
    You will be instantly loved when you do come inside,
    Because DOGS LIVE HERE.

Author: David Lester

9. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I like that. Don't get me wrong; Rascal is adored, as is his right, and goes anywhere else in the house which is big. It's just that they have really expensive furnishings in the lounge and it is cream! I would have liked a sign like that when I had my baby bears.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  10. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Reminds me of when my second son was born it was a huge co**-up and I was very ill and had to go back for a D&C I ended up on a ward with people having terminations. One woman was talking to another and she said 'well I mean we've just had the house re-done cream fitted carpet and lovely wallpaper a baby would ruin that in no time so I dont have a choice really'

I thought she did but carpet and wallpaper have never held much value for me anyway.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  11. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

A colleague at work just came back after maternity and we were discussing cars, she bought a nearly new Audi a1 and i'd bought an old TT as a second car (semi retirement prezzy) she says you'll not be letting the dog in it, mine don't go in the A1, i replied if Pip didn't go in the TT it'd never get out the garage, first thing i did was fit his seatbelt. Thinking about it the only time we drive more than a couple of miles is to take Pip somewhere for a walk :)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Ever since I got Ferdie, eleven years ago, I have bought cars that were big enough for two Newfies and that were old so it really didn't matter if they slobbered all over the seats and left hair everywhere. Now I no longer have a dog, because I can't walk far, I have compensated myself with a decent car. I have to admit, I am not anxious to put a dog in it. However, if I had one, I would have chosen a different car.

I hope they sterilised her while they were at it.

I was disgusted when I read someone wanting to rehome their very old dog because they were moving to a new house (obviously didn't want it messed up by an old smelly pooch). Then there was the one who wanted to rehome her dog because they've redecorated and he didn't go with the new colour scheme.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice