UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Ardingly Country & Game show tomorrow with my family and 'girls' - can't wait!! :D
There's going to be loads and loads of dogs there and there'll be a lot of 'oohing and aahing'!! :rolleyes:

It is still debatable whether I'll have the courage to enter the fun dog show!!:001_unsure: I'll probably cramp my dogs' style!! :D

This is gonna be fun!!!! Woo hoo!! ;)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a great day, see if they're doing a 'Scurry ' for the spanners, that's always good fun to watch, I hope the weather stays fair for you.
Thanks, Pete!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!
That is one of my priorities - seeing Springer spaniels doing what they do and love best!!
Will be taking my camera so will hopefully get some decent action shots to post!!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Went last year nice day out, but gets samey. My friend is going have asked her to get me some cheap slip leads if there's any about.

My springer x was doing what they do best tonight, in a scent and "forgetting" what the stop whistle means.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Have a great day, it is physically impossible to have an overload of springers! lol, you can never have too many.:001_wub:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a great day, it is physically impossible to have an overload of springers! lol, you can never have too many.:001_wub:
Apparently I'm mad for having two!! Said to me by my SIL, MIL and friends!! But I must just wipe the smile off their faces and get another one!! :prrr:

:D

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Same here, i love my two, but in an ideal world i would have at least two more and they might well be a matching pair of black/white to match my pair of liver/white! lol

I absolutely love them, dont really see two as any harder, and the fun they give me playing and being together is worth every second!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same here, i love my two, but in an ideal world i would have at least two more and they might well be a matching pair of black/white to match my pair of liver/white! lol

I absolutely love them, dont really see two as any harder, and the fun they give me playing and being together is worth every second!
Be careful - you are seriously giving me ideas!! :yikes: I agree though, having acquired my younger ESS back in April, we haven't really found it any different having another dog! Well, apart from having to buy more dog food!! :D

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Be careful - you are seriously giving me ideas!! :yikes: I agree though, having acquired my younger ESS back in April, we haven't really found it any different having another dog! Well, apart from having to buy more dog food!! :D
We went from a boy puppy to our second a girl in four months and a three month gap in their ages, so had a six month old boy and 9 month old girl, a big life change but wouldnt change anything (apart from the vet bills) for anything. They make us so happy every day. Would dearly love the space, money and time to have another two (but! only if they were as wonderful as the two we have :D)

Wouldnt want to stop at three, would need a matching black set! lol

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We went from a boy puppy to our second a girl in four months and a three month gap in their ages, so had a six month old boy and 9 month old girl, a big life change but wouldnt change anything (apart from the vet bills) for anything. They make us so happy every day. Would dearly love the space, money and time to have another two (but! only if they were as wonderful as the two we have :D)

Wouldnt want to stop at three, would need a matching black set! lol
So would myself and OH but realistically, our house is just right for two of the nutters we have!! IF we got a third, it may be a B/W so that when the three of them sat together they'd look like a liquorice allsort!! ;)

You were lucky to be able to get your dogs in such a short space of time! It took us ages to find the ones we liked the look of but the waiting was worth it! :001_wub:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
So would myself and OH but realistically, our house is just right for two of the nutters we have!! IF we got a third, it may be a B/W so that when the three of them sat together they'd look like a liquorice allsort!! ;)

You were lucky to be able to get your dogs in such a short space of time! It took us ages to find the ones we liked the look of but the waiting was worth it! :001_wub:
It was an amazing fate, we asked the breeder four months after we got our first if he would have puppies from the same mum around the time ours would be about 14 months old (so after our summer holiday and a year after getting him), he wasnt sure, he said may be some around the april time, but that we thought was too early to take on a second young puppy being novices. He then came back that he had a part trained girl gundog who was 9 months old, incredibly sweet and well behaved, and if we had done well with our existing pup he would consider us having her, as he thought although she would make a working dog, she was so sweet that the love of a good pet home might be right for her. So we took our pup to visit, he watched how we had done with him and showed us the girl and we all spent some time together, it really was fate as it was the anniversary week of my nan passing and the dog had the same name as my nan, and the temperament of cheeky, gentle and loving reminded me of her, so a week later we came back to take her home! And she came just as our boys adolescent phase kicked in and really made our time with him easier as they bonded so well, he learned a lot from her about behaviour, she gained a lot of confidence from him and they hit it off together immediately. We were so lucky and have loved having them both, they are similar but different, and the joy they give us is beyond measure!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is really nice and I don't know about you but I feel that it was meant to be for you. :)
Sounds like the breeder was a genuine chap to do what he did. :yesnod:

·
Sois pas chiant, chéri.
12,133 Posts
In which case you should go to the Herts County Games Fair, tomorrow at the Herts Showground, not as big as the full on show in May, but mostly spaniels, slip leads obligatory, loads of shooting type toys like dummies and fake ducks. I don't think I could make it as we need to cut the rubber matting for Beau's stable (bloody things don't fit after much huffing and puffing hoicking the into the car!)

It's the place to see dozens of spaniels!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In which case you should go to the Herts County Games Fair, tomorrow at the Herts Showground, not as big as the full on show in May, but mostly spaniels, slip leads obligatory, loads of shooting type toys like dummies and fake ducks. I don't think I could make it as we need to cut the rubber matting for Beau's stable (bloody things don't fit after much huffing and puffing hoicking the into the car!)

It's the place to see dozens of spaniels!
Well, that's one place I should avoid in case my willpower completely and utterly deserts me big time!! :D It's going to be hard enough as it is at Ardingly!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
That is really nice and I don't know about you but I feel that it was meant to be for you. :)
Sounds like the breeder was a genuine chap to do what he did. :yesnod:
My two have the same sire, different dam, the timing was incredible, we found out about her on the friday night and agreed to visit her on the sunday afternoon, it was very strange because my daughter was playing football a few hundred yards from the cemetery with my grandparents in, somewhere i couldnt face going in the five years my nan had been there, and yet on the morning we suddenly found ourselves down the road twenty minutes early and something (despite being in this position a good few times before), made me go to the cemetery and see the headstone for them both that i had never done.
That afternoon we saw and fell head over heels in love with this girl (who looked not much like the photo we had been sent and i hadnt warmed to) and i have felt a strange inner peace over my nan since. And this may sound bizarre but Ruby has the temperament of my nan (although it makes me laugh to think what she would say about herself as a dog!). The chap was so right about how it would pan out for us, and offered help if needed and we became overwhelmed, as we did wonder like a good few other people if we were made taking such a risk as novices, but it really was the best thing to have done!

Gosh writing that is like therapy!:yikes:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My two have the same sire, different dam, the timing was incredible, we found out about her on the friday night and agreed to visit her on the sunday afternoon, it was very strange because my daughter was playing football a few hundred yards from the cemetery with my grandparents in, somewhere i couldnt face going in the five years my nan had been there, and yet on the morning we suddenly found ourselves down the road twenty minutes early and something (despite being in this position a good few times before), made me go to the cemetery and see the headstone for them both that i had never done.
That afternoon we saw and fell head over heels in love with this girl (who looked not much like the photo we had been sent and i hadnt warmed to) and i have felt a strange inner peace over my nan since. And this may sound bizarre but Ruby has the temperament of my nan (although it makes me laugh to think what she would say about herself as a dog!). The chap was so right about how it would pan out for us, and offered help if needed and we became overwhelmed, as we did wonder like a good few other people if we were made taking such a risk as novices, but it really was the best thing to have done!

Gosh writing that is like therapy!:yikes:
Maybe your Nan wished to come back as a dog, knowing that you were, self consciously, thinking about having another and fate happens in strange but good ways. :)

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Thanks for the therapy thread! lol, sorry to have hijacked your overload, have a great time. I cant get to the one just up the road form me tomorrow, because of a county cup football match some great miles in a different direction! Darent get another dog with my job, it is hard sometimes getting work with the two I have!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the therapy thread! lol, sorry to have hijacked your overload, have a great time. I cant get to the one just up the road form me tomorrow, because of a county cup football match some great miles in a different direction! Darent get another dog with my job, it is hard sometimes getting work with the two I have!
Don't apologise - you haven't hijacked anything :) It's lovely chatting with you.

I am hoping to post some photos tomorrow evening if I'm not too od'd on Springer spaniels!

Take care x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.