Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spot-on flea killers

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cat Companion, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Cat Companion

Cat Companion PetForums Newbie

I am looking for the most user-friendly (for cats and people) flea treatment. The choices include--but are not limited to--Frontline, Activyl and Revolution.

What has your experience been?

Side effects?

How long will the treatments have to continue?

I used Frontline once at the beginning of August. Our cat, Fenny, seemed sluggish for a few days after treatment, but the fleas and their biting have stopped.

Frontline is rumoured to be less effective due to having been used for a number of years. Our vet has suggested Activyl and Revolution.

Your help would be appreciated. I am concerned about the toxicity of these products to pets and people.

2. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

We use Advocate spot-on, we've never had any flea problems and it's easy to apply. Luna has never had any side effects after using it. We get it via our vets but I think you can get it cheaper online if you have a prescription from your vet. We use it every 3 months, but this depends on if your cat is outdoor or indoor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice