UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know for some people sport is a total no go subject. I will admit that I do not watch any type of sport on the TV it is so boring but I do enjoy watching some sport live.

I will admit that although I cannot stand football I do enjoy watching some of the local teams play footie on the town field.

I grew up supporting Leeds United and Plymouth Argyle mainly because it was the done thing when yor dad is a huge fan. My sister is more into the football than me I don't follow the results but do like to see my chosen teams do well :eek: Think they call people like me 'glory supporters' :p

So if you could chose a team to support and a sport to follow which team and sport would you choose? :)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Football :D Everton! Looking forward to the derby on Sunday but even though Liverpool are playing atrociously I still think it will be a draw!
A mate is an avid everton fan shes often ranting on FB lol.

good luch tomorrow ;) I quite like the underdogs... well you have to supporting leeds and plymouthh :p :D

G

·
Think we have touched a nerve with the LFC supporters :D Goal disallowed which would have won them the game and linesman made wrong decision!
Were you at the match Charley? I swear to god the loudest and rudest Everton fan they seemed to catch on the sound was a banshee!!!
:D

G

·
British Superbikes 125 series and am following an up and coming young Brit Joe Francis, then in British Superbikes itself, Josh Brooke's riding a Tyco Suzuki.

Rugby World cup always screech for Wales!

G

·
British Superbikes 125 series and am following an up and coming young Brit Joe Francis, then in British Superbikes itself, Josh Brooke's riding a Tyco Suzuki.

Rugby World cup always screech for Wales!

Shelley decided to follow Josh Brookes...right about the time he did this at the final round at Brands...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I'm the opposite- I'd never go to a sporting event live (unless I had really nice corporate box seats or something!) but I follow a few on TV. I watch a lot of the ATP tennis tour- slams obviously are the highlights of the year! Player wise I love Roger, Rafa and Novak.

And I watch the golf as well. Rory McIlroy grew up just down the road from me :D I always like to see him do well along with our Graeme!

The Ryder Cup is probably my favourite sporting event of all- I watched every minute of it this year, including the opening and closing ceremonies.

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
only teams i support really is in football .. Man U and England , i used to go Old Trafford years ago and watch them but i don't any more esp at this time of the year, others is men's Tennis , all time fave player is Andre Agassi , also love Roger Federer , Lleyton Hewitt, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
I really hate sports, I never play any, or watch any!

I was hooked on the Olympics though - but that was an exception!

·
Super Moderator
18,775 Posts
Rugby, union not the other sort ;)

In this house we are sports mad but the rugby is a way of life, it takes over and everything gets organised around the rugby.

Our support is firstly to Ospreys, then to Wales for the internationals, then the Lions.

Wales internationals are great occasions, if we aren't going to the match in Cardiff I buy in nibbles to munch during the build up, then half time either bring out all the buffet food or do bacon butties for everyone depending on the time the match is being shown (tours).

Sky sports gets turned on for the Heineken Cup and the Lions, for one time only we turned it on for Andy Murray's final in the US Open.

I play tennis and love watching it, have been to Wimbledon several times and also to Queens a few years back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.