Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Spleen cancer

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by LouTed01, May 16, 2018.

1. LouTed01

LouTed01 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I’m new to the site but would really appreciate some advice or information.

We found a lump on our 8 year old Cavapoo. The vet did an ultrasound and confirmed that he appeared to have two tumours on his spleen. They advised that he would need the have this removed, before doing so they scanned his heart and chest and it showed no signs of spread. They have removed the spleen and sent it to the lab. We have found out today that it is definitely cancer and because of where the cancer is we have been advised that he has approx 3 months left, but that we can have him referred for chemotherapy but that this would be more to prolong then to cure. We are at a loss. He is our darling baby and we just don’t know what to do, all we know is that we don’t want him to suffer.

My question is does anyone have an experience with this form of cancer? Any information would be massively appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance
    X

2. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I can't give you any advise on having chemotherapy. I'm so sorry you are going though this.

If it was me, I'd forget the chemotherapy as it's not going to cure him and spend my time making what time we have left together as happy as I could. We have always said that's what we would do if Dillon was in this position.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice