UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now a lot of you know what I am like with our 8 legged friends :eek:

Was at a bird sanctuary today and saw a lot of webs with very strange spiders in them - I have just looked them up and they seem to be Spiny Backed Orb Weavers.

I tried to get some pics (very brave of me!) so hopefully some came out - but look them up - they are fascinating :D

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I just googled, they're a bit mad and sort of alien. Pretty fascinating, but even I would freak out if I found one on my pillow!
I wouldn't have even thought they were UK spiders looking at the pictures!

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just googled, they're a bit mad and sort of alien. Pretty fascinating, but even I would freak out if I found one on my pillow!
I wouldn't have even thought they were UK spiders looking at the pictures!
Sorry - they're not UK spiders - I am in Florida Keys at the moment :D

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
They are awesome. I did a project on spiders at school once, that was very interesting. There are so many different types and the colours you would not believe.
I can't wait to see your pictures hun.

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
They look amazing
Would love to see one for real

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
Oh wow they are gorgeous!

I'll have to get my children to keep an eye out for them next time they go & stay with their grandad in Canada next summer (they always go for a fortnight in Florida)

·
Registered
17 Posts
hehe spiders and I share a very special relationship:

Outside they are considered allies against things that feed on me and my garden.

Inside, they make a lovely squishing sound. :D

The reason for the indoor war? One morning I awoke to find I could only open one eye, the other was swollen so badly I looked like I had been beaten by a champion boxer. Since they can't be trusted to keep a truce indoors, neither can I :)

These guys are kind of cool though. As long as they stay outdoors. :ihih:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.