Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Spin

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks and Games' started by MiffyMoo, Aug 27, 2017.

1. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

i decided to start training this one yesterday, and clever Mr Dex got it in about 2 minutes flat.

So what can I incorporate after it? I'm not going to rush him, and poor little miss idiot is still on the turn slightly towards treat *click*, so I'm now at two totally different stages.

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

If you want o increase the dizziness factor how about a leg weave figure of eight. You can then go from a spin to a leg weave then back out to spin the opposite way. :D

Or spin when standing on an object.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  3. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Oh you reminded me, I've got a big cooking pot that I though would be perfect for size and durability. Will try that today.

I like the idea of spin, weave, spin, but suspect the fact that I'm so malco will make it even more of a challenge :confused:

kittih likes this.
  4. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Or you could try the solar system trick where the dog spins and you circle them as they are doing it :)

MiffyMoo likes this.
  5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Oooh, going to look on YouTube for that

6. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Oooh, think I'll teach circle after spin

LinznMilly and kittih like this.
  7. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I used to get Bertie to circle me clockwise and anti clockwise. I would walk along and he would circle me first one way then the other. Being a border collie it was his favourite trick :)

I managed to extend it to get him to circle around trees by first standing really close to the tree so he had to circle that to circle me then steady increasing my distance until he got the hang of it.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  8. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

It must be fun training a BC. Training Huskies is more a case of "yay, lets do stuff for treats... (2 minutes later) we've done that now and, frankly, can't see the point, so we're off".

I end up doing lots of very short sessions, followed by long games of smacky bum

LinznMilly and kittih like this.
  9. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

:D. Smacky bum games.

Yeah he was a quick learner and loved training. Walks were all "him.. "can I do tricks please" and I would be "no we've been doing them for 20 minutes, go do dog stuff now please", him.. "oh go on" me.."nope", Bertie slouches off to sniff stuff.

Was a real shame when his mum and dad moved away and I couldn't walk him any more.

10. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

:(

11. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Submissive Servant to My Lord and Lady Mutts
    Staff Member

Anyone object to me moving this to Tricks and Games sub-forum? If so, i'll move it back to Training and Behaviour. :)

Great idea!!! I taught Milly Spin, Other Way, and now multiple spins. I'm going try out a few of those myself.

And lurchers (or at least, Milly) :rolleyes: :D

kittih likes this.
  12. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Sure. Must admit I've never been in there

LinznMilly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice