Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spikey... My baby gone to sleep :(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by ross607, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ross607

ross607 PetForums Newbie

Spikey…. My baby, playin with her string!:

[​IMG]

Had her put to sleep Monday night - 29 June 2009. She was 16 years old suffering from a cancerous tumor on her face and arthritis in her rear leg. Had her all of my adult life since she was a 4 week old kitten. The house does not feel the same without her in it. I’ll miss my little shadow, always there when I came home to sit with me for strokes and cuddles, she was the most loving and sweet little cat anyone could ever ask for.

Along with her sister she was a little terror when she was a kitten, she was smallest of the litter but she was a little fighter and always stood up for herself with her big sis and the neighbourhood cats that were twice her size lol. She knew how to play me like a fiddle for food as well! :)

She got shot by some low life with a pellet from an air rifle when she was about 10 years old and lost most of the use of her tail but she was back to her old self in weeks after treatment, she fought the cancer hard at the end of her life too. having one lump removed and seemed to be totally fine again before a second tumour appeared very quickly and even bigger, it was too much.

Spikey was my brave little girl right till the end when she went to sleep on Monday night. Will be missed terribly. Night night chicken. Please come visit me in a dream soon. I love and miss you so much :crying:

Thanks for listening.

Spike (on right) with her sister in happier times...

[​IMG]

2. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

Awhhh R.I.P little one xx

3. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw that brought tears to my eyes!!:crying:
    Shes beutiful, she went through so much in her life poor thing!!
    so sorry for ur loss!!:(

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

She was such a beautiful cat, and its obvious that you adored each other. I'm so sorry that you have lost her. Run free at the bridge Spikey.

5. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

R.I.P. Little Spikey.
    So sorry for your loss, it is hearting breaking when you loose those you love.

6. Dark

Dark PetForums Newbie

Oh that was so sad.she's very beautiful.she's so brave that she can bear with this much of suffer.im so sorry you lost her.:crying::crying:

7. ross607

ross607 PetForums Newbie

Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes, she had one or two ups and downs health wise in her life but on the whole she was a healthy and happy cat. My memories of her will always be of her being happy, playing with me or her sis or just falling asleep on me happy and content, thats how I'm gonna remember her, when the memories of her are not too painful as they are right now I want to look back on her life and smile and not feel this stabbing gut wrenching feeling in my stomach...

She was beautiful and its nice to know its not just me who thought that... thank you for all the nice things said about her, it means alot to me.

Gratefully,

Ross

8. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss, she was obviously much loved.
    RIP Spikey

9. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

What a beautiful cat.

At least she is now free from pain x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice