Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spikelet is going tomorrow

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by thedogsmother, Jul 17, 2009.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Spikelets new mummy is collecting him tomorrow, I am much more upset than I thought I would be, I mean I knew he was going but I wish he wasn't now :(. His new owner sounds lovely (my friends niece) and they are really experienced with animals but I have known Spikelet since he was born and spent ages taming him for her now I just feel like a traitor giving him away, even if he will be loved and have loads of attention. This is why I would never choose to breed hamsters:(.

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Aw poor you, i wanted to keep all my baby guinea pigs put mum is only letting me keep one female. :( so then im going to sell a pair of females and a pair of males. I dont want to give them away!:(

3. thedogsmother

Its horrible isn't it, I keep trying to think of reasons why she can't have him but unfortunately for me she sounds like a great owner:(.

4. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Giving them up can be so hard, I know. It killed me when Gert's other three left one-after-another...

5. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I know how you feel hun. It's hard when i sell my gerbils but i found that it got easier the more i sold :)
    Spikelet is going to a good home :)

6. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

AWw.. he's in good hands..;) you did well ..:D

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww I know how you feel. I let one of my workmates daughters have a guinea pig from one that was pregnant when I bought it and the mother died and I handreared the two brothers together and then someone at work kept interfering and I ended up letting the lady have the guinea pig. I shouldn't have really cos they weren't really animal lovers and I think this was the first pet they had. I gave them the cage free and everything and they didn't have it long and the kids lost interest and the guinea pig ended up dead.:mad: I think they had put the guinea pig cage in the garage where their car was even though I had repeatedly told them never to do this. I was so mad with myself for letting them have it because he would happily have lived with his brother but I didn't like disappointing them.:mad:

At least little Spikelet is going to a good home where they know about animals and will love him. Just tell them that if they ever lose interest you would love to have him back if it doesn't work out.

8. thedogsmother

The only concern I had was they were going to use a revolution cage :eek:. I told my friend that that would not be ok and she said that they had kept their 3 mice in there and they had been fine, so I said that it was a terrible cage and I have a spare cage that they can have instead. Having said that before I joined this forum I think I would have read what it said on the box and thought the cage was fine as well:blushing: so I am going to suggest she join the forum. I know he will be loved and played with which is making it much easier.

9. thedogsmother

Well he's gone:(, the new owners were lovely, they have 26 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, 3 terrapins, 3 lovely little dogs and a gerbil (I think). they were all loved and well looked after and Spikelet liked his new owner and had a lovely cuddle with her and they said I can come and visit whenever I want, so I am much happier about him going.

10. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Wow, 26! I have my hands full with just two. :p

Sorry he's gone, he sounded so sweet, but at least he's going to a happy home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice