Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spicy recipes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sleeping_Lion, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I thought it was worth while sharing some nice and spicy recipes now the cooler weather is on the way, and it just so happens I've got a nice spicy dish in the oven!

1 medium onion
    2 lg cloves garlic
    1 tablespoon grated ginger
    1 red finger chilli
    1 tin chopped tomatoes
    1 tin chick peas
    2 capsicum
    2 teaspoons harissa paste
    1 knob of butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 pinch salt and 1 teaspoon sugar

Heat up the oil/butter in a pan that has a lid you can put in the oven, add the garlic, ginger and chopped chilli, make sure you don't have the heat too high, they just need softening. Add the chopped onion and stir in, then add the harissa paste and allow that to coat the ingredients before adding the chick peas. If using a tin drain and rinse them first, if using dried they need to be soaked overnight and then drained first. Allow the mixture to coat the chick peas and heat them through before adding the tin of chopped tomatoes (you can use fresh if you want obviously), and use the empty tin to measure approx 2/3 full of water, then stir that in to give plenty of liquid to reduce down. Heat through, stir in the salt and sugar, and add sliced capsicum, stir through, taste and if it doesn't need any more seasoning pop the lid on and cook slowly in the oven. Tinned chick peas cook through before the dried ones, so keep lifting out and testing, but at least 1 1/2 hours on 150 degrees, or lower and longer for the dried ones.

Lovely served with lamb chops!

2. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Mmmm

I'll pass on the lamb, but id go for.pork with.it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice