Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spaying

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by SpringerHusky, Aug 7, 2009.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Just phoned to make a vets appointment to get maya spayed but my vet's not in (not trusting of other vets) so I said i'd call back tomorrow and make an apointment.

I was wondering how long do you usually wait after a season? I know the vets said 4 months after maya had stopped feeding her pups but pups are all grown, she snuck in another season and finished it a few weeks back but I was wondering when is the best time to get her booked to be spayed?

2. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

i spayed candy when her pups were 10 weeks old i think it was i believe they ask between the 2 season not sure i can't remeber as that was when we spayed misty between her 2 season

3. SpringerHusky

Yeah, so about 3 months then? that's pretty much midway between the two, shame it's not sooner really.

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I was told 3 months when i asked about molly way back, and its something to do with bleeding during op.

5. gesic

gesic PetForums VIP

ideal time is 2-3 months after the last season finished.
    Reason.. this is the period where the womb/ovaries are at the least active period. the blood supply is less and their is usually no phantom pregnancies going on either.

6. SpringerHusky

ah explains it okay thanks well i'll book her in for 3 motnhs then, and for dogs sake let's pray it actually happens this time :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice