Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spaying?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

My cat is being spayed in 4 weeks time, and I'm really worried about what they will do to her. How is the operation and recovery time etc? We've just been informed they may be moving us into another house where we live (we have no choice as the army need the 3 bed we are currently in) so I want it to be as easy as possible for her.

2. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

she`ll be fine, my boy was in and out in the same day and acted just the same as he normally would. i know girls area bit different but i had my female dog spayed and was worried as i know the operation is a bit more intrusive but she bounded out of the vets and jumped on me that same day, she was a bit lethargic later on in the day but that`s to be expected. you just need to keep an eye on th stitches and make sure they`re not pulling them out

3. HannahKate

HannahKate PetForums Senior

Usually with cats the incision is nice and small and they can use intradermal sutures that your kitty cant chew at. Obviously it's an operation and all operations have risks but they seem to bounce back pretty fast. I am hoping to do my own kitten when she is old enough (not entirely sure I want her to be my first ever though). :)

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

When I picked Soda and Decker up after their spay it looked like they went out drinking and were completely smashed (they were just drugged up) but thats the look they gave.

My guys didnt really pull at their stitches, just cleaned the area. None of them have worn cones on their head either.

5. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

She will be fine. Will be in and out the same day. Dorrie was a little hyper afterwards due to the anoesthetic wearing off. She just ate and ate afterwrds as well though bless her. The incision isn't very big.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice