Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spaying

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Cazza1974, May 7, 2010.

1. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I was wondering if the buns have to be a cetain age before I can get them spayed. They are 11 weeks now.

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

for female neutering, it can be from 4 months, usually around 6 months old.

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

yeah winnie was done at 16 weeks :)

4. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Yeah thats what the woman who I got them from said. I just wondered as I didn't want to get them done to early or too late.

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

it depends what age your vet is happy to work on some rabbits also mature slower, have u had her vaccinations yet? these can be done from 6 weeks and its the perfect opportunity to discus this and find out if your happy with your vet.

Best to get her done asap so she doesnt turn in to a grumpy teen. Its quiet a stressful op, so make sure u see a good rabbit vet some like to keep them in over night so they can give them a second lot of pain meds. I took Miffy home the first night and she looked very uncomfortable and didnt eat or poo over night so i had to take her back and they kept her in for 2 more nights. Price wise it can also vary a lot £40 - £120, some also charge extra for pain meds.

6. BattleKat

BattleKat PetForums Senior

My vet could do them from 5 months but we wanted to wait a little longer as they were only small so we had them done at 7 months,
    All in all, I sometimes wish we'd had them done a little sooner as they had started to get a bit hormonal by then and did squabble a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice