Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spaying - side cut and pains

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by dudasd, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dudasd

dudasd PetForums Newbie

Our kitty was spayed something like 44 hours ago, and as I hadn't asked the vet about all the details, I was a bit surprised when we saw her - he applied a kind of a cut I hadn't seen before, near to her buttock (almost in the area of her rump). He says it's a very convenient type of cut, because it reduces the chance for hernia, also it's a rather small cut (two stitches only) and is supposed to heal faster. OK, I do believe him because he's a very good vet. Now, what I wonder: the cut is clean, she woke up from the anaesthesia more than well, has no temperature, she can walk and she's visiting her toilet, but it seems she suffers a lot of pain. :( According to my friends, she's supposed to be meowing and eating by now, but she only had some water (not before this evening) and I can see agony on her silent face. Is it just that all the cats react individually, or this kind of cutting causes more pain?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice