Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spay

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Ashley92, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:59 PM.

1. Ashley92

Ashley92 PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    My pup got spayed 10 days ago now and the last few days she has developed a lump under her incision. Can anyone help me with what this is? She has the vet tomorrow to put my mind at ease. It’s not sore to touch and she doesn’t seem to care about it.

Attached Files:

2. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

I think it's just the way they heal. I remember my girl had a lump where the skin was sewn together but it went away as it healed. I agree that a vet check is always best with this sort of thing though.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  3. Ashley92

Ashley92 PetForums Newbie

thank you! I think I’m just worried as a hernia was mentioned! We have been trying to keep her calm, since the op. But it’s proving difficult as she loves to run after her toys and gets excited when she sees another dog. As I said it doesn’t seem to bother her. How long after the op did your dogs lump appear? Hers was about 6 days.

4. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Honestly it was 6 years ago so I can't remember! I don't think it so much appeared as that as other bits were healing it became obvious? But I might be mis-remembering. I think it was where, along the stitches, the skin had sort of bunched up and stuck out. I'm not sure it's the same as your girl as looking at the photo again I think it seems more like a round lump in her belly? If that's the case then I'd definitely want it checked, it could be a hernia.

5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

That's the most massive incision I've ever seen. Usually with a conventional spay, it's just 2-3 inches. Is that long line really all incision, for real? And that lump does look odd. I'd be back to the vet, but definitely not the same one that did it.

Kakite likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice