Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spartacus gets spayed tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sarahdisco, May 20, 2010.

1. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

... and I'm so worried! I hope she'll be ok.

We got her a ProCollar on Thursday cause she wont enjoy the ecollar, tried it on her so she'll get used to it... and she burst it! £15 I'll never see again!

Anyone got any advice/tips/ what to expect? She's our first cat (6 months old) and admittedly; my baby.

Thanks!

2. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

In my experience the wait for the phonecall from the vets is the longest wait ever and no amount of keeping yourself busy makes the time go any quicker.

Some cat will not bother at all with their stitches and some like mine are a nightmare and will pull them at any given opportunity, have a buster collar ready just in case, if she needs a buster collar she will freak out and run backwards but she will (fingers crossed get used to it) my cat had to have hers on 24/7 for 10 full long days :D

She may be sleepy and quiet or she may be wired and full of it, but just give her small meals that night and keep her warm.

Good luck and I sure as owners we struggle and fret far more than the cats do ;)

3. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

Thanks - I know I'm far more worried than she is!

30784_10150197457850298_765595297_12900741_5035682_n.jpg

Hopefully she'll be this chilled tomorrow night!

Sarah

4. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

We worried like hell with our two boys when they had thier op. Waiting for that call to say 'alls fine, they'll be ready at 3pm' or whatever time haha is the longest!

5. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

I am sure she will be fine

just wanted to say I love the name spartacus!!!
    and love it even more knowing it is for a girl :thumbup:

6. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

well she's had it done - poor thing looks like a patchwork - fur removed from her flank and from her leg. lampshade collar on, and she's so miserable!

came in, got out of her cage and keeps looking down so the collar catches on the carpet. as soon as it catches she stops and stays looking down. she was on our bed fast asleep but now shes under the spare room bed.

picked her up at 4 - tried offering water but she's having none of it. just cooking some plain chicken now and see if that tempts her but im not holding out much hope.

hope she'll be ok tomorrow!

oh - something I wanted to ask - she's not wanting any water (never been much of a water drinker - only if its from a tap - would it be ok to try her with some kitten milk? she has that as a weekly treat.

#6 sarahdisco, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

I water the cat/kitten milk down, but yes I would try and give her a little drop, I'm glad it went well for her/you and I 'm sure she'll have her appetite back tomorrow.

8. sarahdisco

sarahdisco PetForums VIP

well the kitten milk went down a treat - only a little but she gulped the lot and it stayed down so we were happy.

3am this morning she clambered onto our bed for cuddles (coudlnt refuse her!) and she had half a pouch of food (we've discovered she doesnt like real chicken!) which stayed down too!

9am she had her other pouch but as its been so hot her appetite went again.. until the biscuits came out - she's a sucker for bicuits! think it may be a bit hot for pouches - my mums cats the same, wont eat pouches when its hot.

she's much more like her normal self... still no running thank god but she's sleeping well, is used to the buster collar and is wanting cuddles all the time - headbutts with a buster collar is a bit difficult though!!!

thanks for the advice everyone - Spartacus and I appreciate it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice