Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Spare a thought

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

For all those people working in greenhouses today :yikes::yikes:
    Including my OH :(

2. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Oh god yeah!!:eek: Must be terrible in this heat!

3. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

my thought: get out!

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

it must be horrendous - poor souls:eek: I only go into the greenhouse quickly just to water and it's bloomin hot in there!
    We're having a nice cooling shower of rain at the moment though:)

5. rona

rona Guest

Please send it this way ;)

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

my poor hubby works for portakabin and he has rang to say he is working inside a metal kabin all day and the temp inside are to extreme!!

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Oh rona he has my sympathy i worked at a nursery for nearly 5 years,freezing in the winter and baking (understatement) in the summer.I found working in the polly tunnels the worst.:(

8. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

OMG i will never moan about working in a stuffy office again! :eek:

9. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My OH's mum runs a garden centre, she usually takes her dog to work but it's too hot now.

10. rona

rona Guest

Yep OH left his dog at home today.
    I'm usually working in poly tunnels but told the boss to stuff it this week.
    Luckily we didn't have much happening, so I'm in for an hour watering then home to my fan :D

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

me niether!:)

12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

the rain has passed but I think it's heading north rather than east of here - sorry:(
    At least I don't have to go round and water my daughter's garden tonight (she's on holiday and left me to look after it - mad woman, I can kill plants by just looking at them :D)

13. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

the other summer i was doing my dissertation in a tropical house monitoring 15 monkeys. it was litterally a giant green house and i had to do a least 6 hours a day because i needed at least 200 hours of information. it almost killed me!!! days when it was cooler it was ok but when it got hot it got really hot, especially on busy days when there were loads of visitors walking through, sometimes there would be a hundred+ people in there and im crowdaphobic. add that to the heat and i really did think i was gonna die.

14. rona

rona Guest

OH has just informed me that he will be working until 7pm, that's 11 hours in greenhouses in this heat :(:(

15. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Poor hubby hope he's drinking plenty to keep hydrated, I pity anyone working in a green house in this weather :(

I was in town today & noticed the difference in some shops, morrisons was cool & quite pleasant inside, as was wilkinsons, iceland & aldi, but game station was like an oven as was B&M's the poor staff in those 2 shops were struggling today.

16. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Pmsl rona sorry hun but i've been there,done that and YES i got the t-shirt.Oh you've brought back some fond memories.;):D:D:D sorry to your o/h but i'll tell you now my hubby wasn't that good at MY job.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice