UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those people working in greenhouses today :yikes::yikes:
Including my OH :(

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
Oh rona he has my sympathy i worked at a nursery for nearly 5 years,freezing in the winter and baking (understatement) in the summer.I found working in the polly tunnels the worst.:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep OH left his dog at home today.
I'm usually working in poly tunnels but told the boss to stuff it this week.
Luckily we didn't have much happening, so I'm in for an hour watering then home to my fan :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
the other summer i was doing my dissertation in a tropical house monitoring 15 monkeys. it was litterally a giant green house and i had to do a least 6 hours a day because i needed at least 200 hours of information. it almost killed me!!! days when it was cooler it was ok but when it got hot it got really hot, especially on busy days when there were loads of visitors walking through, sometimes there would be a hundred+ people in there and im crowdaphobic. add that to the heat and i really did think i was gonna die.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OH has just informed me that he will be working until 7pm, that's 11 hours in greenhouses in this heat :(:(

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Poor hubby hope he's drinking plenty to keep hydrated, I pity anyone working in a green house in this weather :(

I was in town today & noticed the difference in some shops, morrisons was cool & quite pleasant inside, as was wilkinsons, iceland & aldi, but game station was like an oven as was B&M's the poor staff in those 2 shops were struggling today.

·
Registered
31,193 Posts
OH has just informed me that he will be working until 7pm, that's 11 hours in greenhouses in this heat :(:(

Pmsl rona sorry hun but i've been there,done that and YES i got the t-shirt.Oh you've brought back some fond memories.;):D:D:D sorry to your o/h but i'll tell you now my hubby wasn't that good at MY job.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.